Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many BBR cards to apply for?

tag
Subexistence
Established Contributor

How many BBR cards to apply for?

I found out today that the card will be cancelled on May 25th and it means I need to apply very soon. I had a utilization 'accident' last month because my friends wanted me to book a hotel with my discover because it had a deal. Long story short, they had to get hotel refund very close to my statement closing date. I spent only $400 on my Disco that month for their hotel and I got refunded $400 right before my statement closed. I ended up with 0% utilization which dropped my score from EX from 724 to 708. I had planned to apply next month and it wouldn't be an issue because my utilization would recover but there's no next month in my current situation. 

I'm not sure if I should apply for 1, 2, or 3 cards tommorrow. Anyone have a recommendation?

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many BBR cards to apply for?

From my experience...704 is not a bad score at all to apply for the BBR rewards card. However, can't really see what your profile looks like but your score is fine....good luckSmiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I just dont see Boa approving 2 or 3 BBRs at once especially given the fact that they'll be closing the door this week. I guess if you are gonna go for broke, shoot for the moon. 704 is good but score isnt everything with getting approvals.
Message 3 of 4
Subexistence
Established Contributor

I think I will have disco send an off cycle report on my current month balances in order to update my report before applying.

Starting Score: Ex08-732,Eq08-713,Tu08-717
Current Score:Ex08-795,Eq08-807,Tu08-787,EX98-761,Eq04-742
Goal Score: Ex98-760,Eq04-760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

History of my credit
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.