cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with?

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

How many Banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with?

Better the question should be......"How many banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with, in hopes to get credit products!  Thats the real quesion, LOL....

Me...Navy, Penfed, and my local bank. So 3 in all.  

I know there are alot of peeps here who have tried to get into CU's for hope of credit products like CC's, car loan, etc....we are all guilty, LOLSmiley Wink

edited....Local bank (checking and savings)

Navy (CC, LOC, car loan, checking and savings)

Penfed...(just the share acct for now)

Message 1 of 89
88 REPLIES 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many Banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with?

@pizza1 wrote:

Better the question should be......"How many banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with, in hopes to get credit products!  Thats the real quesion, LOL....

Me...Navy, Penfed, and my local bank. So 3 in all.  

I know there are alot of peeps here who have tried to get into CU's for hope of credit products like CC's, car loan, etc....we are all guilty, LOLSmiley Wink

I am a member of three credit unions: PenFed, NASA, and SDFCU and have credit cards with two - PenFed and NASA. I hope to be approved for a credit card with SDFCU in about a year when my new accounts age.  Also, I am interested in RBFCU for membership and credit cards. I have been very happy with the credit unions. They have treated me well. Smiley Happy

Edited to add the banks I do business with through credit cards and/or savings/checking: 

Bank of America, Barclay, Capital One, Chase, Citi, and  Discover, Synchrony.

Message 2 of 89
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

For me 1 with Navy federal , one with USAA.  Zero with PenFed but I do bank  with them Savings and checking. 

Edit:  I have a checking account and savings account with all three of them. 

Message 3 of 89
ddemari
Super Contributor

I have relationships with PenFed, DCU, Allegacy, Alliant, NASA, US Bank, PNC Bank, 5/3 Bank, Chase, and BOA. 

I have credit cards with PenFed, 5/3 Bank, and Chase. BOA closed me down after a long relationship last year, but I still have a savings account there with barely nothing in it. 

I opened up a share account with PenFed 2 years ago and last year finally they approved me for 2 cards, as of today I have 3 cards with PenFed and an exposure of 26k. I also have a thrifty credit line, regular share and Access America checking. 

** I also have a savings account with Wells Fargo lol. 

Message 4 of 89
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I use to have membership at NASA and DCU as well, but closed them last year. It was just becoming too much for me to keep up with! Now, Im like...dang, I should have kept them, LOL..

I really want a CC with PF, but Im not sure if that'll happen with my "available credit" situation, and will probably be denied for "pyramiding debt"...aka....too much available credit. But I have a plan to close down several store cards over the next 2 yrs, and eliminate some available credit.
Message 5 of 89
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

1. DCU primary (checking, savings, credit card, auto loan - soon to be two)
  2. Capital One secondary but "local bank"
  3. PenFed - I have a mortgage loan through them but otherwise I'll never use them
  4. Congressional FCU - local, secondary CU, but I don't use them much other than a Visa.

Edit/Add = These are bank accounts where I have a checkbook or savings account in addition to any credit card account. If we are talking "banks" where I just have credit cards, the list is much longer.

Message 6 of 89
uswala
Senior Contributor

Two, Chase bank and a local CU.

Message 7 of 89
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

For me 1 with Navy federal , one with USAA.  Zero with PenFed but I do bank  with them Savings and checking. 

Edit:  I have a checking account and savings account with all three of them. 

USAA I cant have back till 2020, but I continue to ave my renters/car insurance with them, and have since 1991!! Im hoping to have them back with a CC as well then. 

Message 8 of 89
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Over the last three years I've had accounts with;

SDFCU had membership-since closed(secured card),

NASA had membership-since closed (Denied/Inquiries),

RBFCU had membership-since closed(card),

Members CU (PLC Denied/Inquiries/Pyramiding),

EECU (Card, PLOC, 2 Car Loans, checking savings) Great CU!,

PenFed had membership-since closed (Card denied caused a loss 34 yrs previous) *It was my ex. I didn't even know it,

Chase-Primary Bank (Cards, Checking, savings)

USAA-Had 1 car loan, refinanced with EECU (Wife has card) Insurance

Fidelity (Investment acct)

Cap One 360-(Cards-Checking-Investment)

Tried DCU, Security Service FCU and Alliant and denied membership to both for being a knucklehead and applying for too many memberships.

I have since come to my senses and reduced to the accounts that benefit me the most

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 9 of 89
ddemari
Super Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:
I use to have membership at NASA and DCU as well, but closed them last year. It was just becoming too much for me to keep up with! Now, Im like...dang, I should have kept them, LOL..

I really want a CC with PF, but Im not sure if that'll happen with my "available credit" situation, and will probably be denied for "pyramiding debt"...aka....too much available credit. But I have a plan to close down several store cards over the next 2 yrs, and eliminate some available credit.

Give your relationship with PenFed some time and you should be able to get an approval. I was floored last year when they approved me for 2 cards and my nextgen score was only 660. Granted I receieved the highest apr on the cards, the travel amex credit line was MASSIVE for me. 

Message 10 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.