cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many Banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with?

"Relationships" in hopes to get credit products:

1. NASA - savings (denied sp credit card when applied for membership)

2. DCU - checkings, savings (future auto/CC, like the free fico Smiley Very Happy)

3. Western Federal CU - checking, savings (future PLOC 7%)

4. Coastal Federal CU - savings (future Big Ticket Card 6 months 0% BT per transaction >$600)

5. Charles Schwab - checking for free foreign ATM fee waive (possible future CC?)

Have "relationships" with already credit-wise:

1. Bank of America (oldest relationship since 2010/first CC) - savings, 2 CCs

2. Penfed - checking, savings, CC, PLOC, overdraft, CDs

3. Capital One 360 - checking, saving, investment, CC

4. Alliant Credit Union - checking, savings, secured loan

5. SDFCU - savings, secured CC

6. Bourns Employee Federal CU (local CU) - savings, CC w/ fixed rate 7.49%

7. Amex - savings, 2 CCs

8. US Bank - savings, 2 CCs

Message 71 of 89
Longroad
Established Contributor

@Saleen099 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Chase soft pulled TransUnion for Checking/ Savings. Credit Unions, yes hard pull expected from the most of them. 

+1

Opened PenFed hoping for a cc - denied too many new accounts

Fidelity investment account hoping for 2% Amex - now they have changed their progam while I was waiting to ap Smiley Mad

Local CU checking account for the auto rates

My local CU gave me a HP to open my checking account, another HP when I applied for my loan a couple of months later, and then another HP last summer when they implemented mobile deposits into the checking account via the phone ap. You actually had to "apply" to be eligible to deposit checks into your own checking account. I am afraid to go into a branch for fear of getting a HP

Message 72 of 89
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@pizza1 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

"How many banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with, in hopes to get credit products!

Interesting question and my answer is zip, nada, 0....wow I feel lonely now looking at everyone's answersSmiley Sad

The one and only banking institutions which is where my saving and 2 checking accounts are were chosen for other benefits/needs and not for future CC consideration and in fact their CC products suck big time ....Lol but so true now that I think about it

Other than that any other banks I have  relationship with is due to installment loans or CC'sSmiley Surprised 

awwwww,poor MJ!!  Come here, and give Pizza1 a hugSmiley Sad   LOL.. Awhhh how sweet ....Heart

I have Chase branchs all around me, and US bank, and BOFA, and Compass Bank, ....I literally could pick my poison.  But Chase is really the one Id want back in with, and if opening checking/savings would help facilitate that, Im game! I just dont want any HP's to open a checking/savings at a bank, but I think ddmari already said banks only SP for them, but CU's HP.  Correct in most cases 

Lots of decisions to make, but Im really leaning towards Chase... Not sure how welcome Id be after the CO/BK with them though.  Can they decline a checking/savings app even if Chex is clean?? I would think not if Chex is clean they want your money Lol

However they may not offer you overdraft protection Smiley Very Happy

Years ago I did want a US bank account but I'm not in their footprint or even close....then I got every other major banks cards and to this day this still offer me that dag old secured .....really now you keep that US....I'm good 

THEY'RE OUTSmiley Frustrated

Have not had one CU hard pull me for account.

Signature needs updating
Message 73 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eep! Too many:

** Partners FCU (checking, savings, hubs auto loan, hubs cc)
** SchoolsFirst CU (checking, savings)
** NFCU (checking, savings - small potatoes just to open)
** Alliant CU (checking savings, apping for a share secured loan for scoring purposes)
** CapitolOne 360, formerly ING (checking, savings)

Credit Cards with: Chase, CapOne, Amex, Discover
Message 74 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA for primary checking / amex

Dupaco credit union i keep a checking account and credit card to keep a relationship interest rate cut on my ato loan

Pen fed - just a personal loan (for installment mix)

NFCU - checking / creditcard/ personal loan for installment mix

I figured and actuall installment loan would be more beneficial than a line of credit.

I dont really need the nfcu checking account but its there.

Message 75 of 89
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

Better the question should be......"How many banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with, in hopes to get credit products!  Thats the real quesion, LOL....

Me...Navy, Penfed, and my local bank. So 3 in all.  

I know there are alot of peeps here who have tried to get into CU's for hope of credit products like CC's, car loan, etc....we are all guilty, LOLSmiley Wink

edited....Local bank (checking and savings)

Navy (CC, LOC, car loan, checking and savings)

Penfed...(just the share acct for now)

I cannot tell a lie, Pizza1...  I have stuffed $$ into many boxes and hoped that they would warm up to me.  RBS/Citizens and Suntrust are two that recently reviewed my file after a few months as a checking customer and extended credit.

Penfed saw the blemishes, turned me down, and I haven't asked for anything since, but 2016 is my year to ask when the EQ is clean.

I'm getting recommendations from US Bank finally, but I'm trying to hold off until mid-2016 when the late payments should all disappear.

I annoyed FNBO by applying elsewhere and they shut me down. I've parked some $$ in a few banks that are partnered with First Bankcard in the hopes that maybe they will forgive me and ask me to come back.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 76 of 89
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

PFFCU for one of their awesome low interest credit cards and maybe a house loan in the future.

Bank of America for the checking,savings,credit combo and maybe home loan in future.

*edit*

Atleast I think 9.25% is good Smiley Tongue

• Variable rates as low as 9.40% APR
  • Same low rate for purchases, cash advances and balance transfers
  • NO fee for balance transfers or cash advances
  • NO annual fee
  • EMV/Chip technology for added security
Message 77 of 89
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Longroad wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Chase soft pulled TransUnion for Checking/ Savings. Credit Unions, yes hard pull expected from the most of them. 

+1

Opened PenFed hoping for a cc - denied too many new accounts

Fidelity investment account hoping for 2% Amex - now they have changed their progam while I was waiting to ap Smiley Mad

Local CU checking account for the auto rates

My local CU gave me a HP to open my checking account, another HP when I applied for my loan a couple of months later, and then another HP last summer when they implemented mobile deposits into the checking account via the phone ap. You actually had to "apply" to be eligible to deposit checks into your own checking account. I am afraid to go into a branch for fear of getting a HP

DCU will perform HPs for many transactions, with the exception seeming to be preapprovals, which I don't get.

I have been a member since '97. I opened a checking account for a sole proprietor business - resulting in a ChexSystems inquiry and a HP on EQ.

I'm watching my credit score that DCU requests to show 725, and then I'll call to get my existing Visa upgraded finally. There hasn't been a reason to ask since re-evaluating the APR on the account requires a HP, and I was told that the better terms are reserved for those with scores of 725 or higher.

Message 78 of 89
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@pizza1 wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

"How many banks/CU's do you have "relationships" with, in hopes to get credit products!

Interesting question and my answer is zip, nada, 0....wow I feel lonely now looking at everyone's answersSmiley Sad

The one and only banking institutions which is where my saving and 2 checking accounts are were chosen for other benefits/needs and not for future CC consideration and in fact their CC products suck big time ....Lol but so true now that I think about it

Other than that any other banks I have  relationship with is due to installment loans or CC'sSmiley Surprised 

awwwww,poor MJ!!  Come here, and give Pizza1 a hugSmiley Sad   LOL..

I have Chase branchs all around me, and US bank, and BOFA, and Compass Bank, ....I literally could pick my poison.  But Chase is really the one Id want back in with, and if opening checking/savings would help facilitate that, Im game! I just dont want any HP's to open a checking/savings at a bank, but I think ddmari already said banks only SP for them, but CU's HP.  

Lots of decisions to make, but Im really leaning towards Chase... Not sure how welcome Id be after the CO/BK with them though.  Can they decline a checking/savings app even if Chex is clean?? 

I ran into a few organizations that gave me a hard time last year. Some institutions will give you a hard time just for inquiries on Chex, even if the Chex doesn't have anything negative. Santander wouldn't open a checking account online, but opened one in-person in a branch. I figured I'd let Santander get to know me since many auto dealers like to send applications over to them.

I joined Nasa with just a SP. The craze was over, so I didn't ask for their card.

I joined Nusenda last year. I asked for the Visa, so I wasn't surprised by the HP.

I joined McGraw-Hill and Sun FCU last year; both were SPs.

I had a local CU post a HP. I didn't ask for any loans, so it's on my list to request it be removed.

DCU performs a HP to join. I can't remember how PenFed and USAA were since it's been several years. I did have to learn to stop getting tempted by PenFed's "offers" which never amounted to anything.

Message 79 of 89
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brokerage: Fidelity, Vanguard, Schwab, Scottrade, TD Ameritrade, Tradeking, e-trade. I like to move index ETF shares around between accounts (not actually buying or selling) to earn promotional bonuses.

Savings: Discover, Chase.

Checking: Chase (primary), Schwab (ATM).

CC: Amex, Chase, Discover, Barclaycard, Citi.

No installment history.

Message 80 of 89
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.