Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many CC should I have?

tag
Mandazoid
Contributor

Re: How many CC should I have?

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I just hate to pay to do it. Smiley Indifferent

This is probably a really silly question, but do CC pre-approval letters through the mail guarantee acceptance if you apply (even if it's not with the most favorable terms)? I ask because I actually received a letter yesterday stating that I have been "selected to apply" for an Amex Green card. Is this the same as a pre-approval letter or just a gimmick to get me to apply and subsequently be rejected?

Starting Score: 609 (8/23/11)
Current Score: TU: 805 (5/27/16)
Goal Score: 820
Message 11 of 13
SevenNEW
Established Contributor

@Mandazoid wrote:

Yeah, that's probably a good idea. I just hate to pay to do it. Smiley Indifferent

This is probably a really silly question, but do CC pre-approval letters through the mail guarantee acceptance if you apply (even if it's not with the most favorable terms)? I ask because I actually received a letter yesterday stating that I have been "selected to apply" for an Amex Green card. Is this the same as a pre-approval letter or just a gimmick to get me to apply and subsequently be rejected?

It's different. See this thread...

SevenNEW, Garden Nerd - In the Garden until 2015!
4.2K 10K 24.6K
Message 12 of 13
Mandazoid
Contributor

I thought as much.

Thanks, SevenNEW!

Starting Score: 609 (8/23/11)
Current Score: TU: 805 (5/27/16)
Goal Score: 820
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.