cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Capital One accounts can you have?

tag
musicon1110
Valued Member

Re: How many Capital One accounts can you have?

I have 5.

2 QS1's, 1 MTV Visa, 1 platinum (used to be Orchard), and Kohl's which is backed by Capital One. I recently tried to apply for the Platinum w $39AF but was denied. 

AE $400, First Premier Centennial MC $450, First Premier Platinum MC $700, Orchard Bank MC (now Capital One) $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Target $500, Capital One MTV Visa $1000, Merrick Bank Visa $1200, PayPal SC $300, Old Navy $300, Torrid $250, Amazon $600, Roaman's $250, GAP $200, HSN $500, Nordstrom $500, JCPenney $500, QVC $500, Kohl's $300, Victoria's Secret $350, J Crew $500, Express $500, Ann Taylor/LOFT $500, The Avenue $250, CareCredit $800, AU on Walmart $600
As of 2/2014 Merrick Bank FICO 618 Equifax 633 Credit Karma 576
Message 21 of 24
newUser0
Established Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

I have 4 and the GM card was only 1 EQ HP. 

+1 This is the ONLY, card that I KNOW, from Cap1 with ONLY 1 HP from EQ.

Message 22 of 24
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I have three.  And for me the QS is not a good catch all since Capone and their silly games drove to get better cards, now my catch all is my PNC Cashbuilder with 1.75% cash back, which is just so much more so better than Capone and I don't have to deal with bad customer service and other Capone hassles!

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 23 of 24
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

Ive always hear the 2 limit as well, excluding the retail cards.

I did have at one time a Platinum, QS, and Playstation Card though.  So I know for a fact you can at least have 2, and a 1 retail.

Im down to just the QS and Playstation card now though.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.