cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Cards do/can you actively manage at any one time.

tag
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Re: How many Cards do/can you actively manage at any one time.

@KennyS2006 wrote:
I will close my arrival when the AF comes due since they say you can't PC to non-AF. :-/ Gonna have to get my travel reimbursement done before then though...

It's not true. I have successfully downgraded from the AF version to the no AF version last Friday. You might want to call them again to double check. Smiley Surprised

Message 71 of 77
kysin2014
Contributor

I actually think that my 25 credits is too many. This week I closed out my EBay Mastercard, shell credit card, Citi Health card, Valero gas card, and also had both of my Macys Amex and Bloomingdales Amex closed out. I'm now down to 22 credit cards.

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" height="50" border="0" >Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 769
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 72 of 77
kysin2014
Contributor

By the way, my Macys Amex and Bloomingdales Amex closed out my accounts all because I requested a credit limit increase which somehow triggered my accounts going over to Fraud Analytical Dept which closed out my accounts since I requested a credit limit increase six months previously. Be cautious when requesting credit limit increases now a days. Maybe only once in a 12 month period max.

src="http://ficoforums.myfico.com/html/assets/challenge.png" height="50" border="0" >Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 769
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 73 of 77
barrytuneup

the Better bal and BCP are in my and my wife's. The Citi Dividend I always had, but I also had old Citi cards that were not being used. I picked out an old one and asked for a product change to Dividend. They said OK! Just received the new Divident last week. They make you wait 50 days for some reason. I maxed out first Dividend with VR and received $300. check last week. Now I do the same drill again for 300.00 and sock drawer both!!

Message 74 of 77
barrytuneup

not a good idea to close accts. As long as they are in good standing it's ok to have many.  It helps with the CS. When I started MS, i applied and rec'd many cards. I now have over 50 cards. Use about 10/11 all the time for various points/bonuses. When I started 18 months ago, my CS was 720. After all these apps and spending and religiously paying cards on time and even sending payments during the billing period (before due dates). my FICO score is now 808!! (MyDiscover It statement just arrived on Tues and there it was). So I still have about 38 cards unused. I only cancel when there is an annual fee due and I do that 3 months before.(the fee is due). Only cards I pay a fee are wife and my BCP.Use BC but will keep the BCP in case Amex changes the structure of BC. Also will cancel my CapOne business card next month before fee and start up my Capone Qiucksilever again. Or I could call and ask for another year for free, but might not work.

Message 75 of 77
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

All cards in my signature - every card has its purpose that is why I have it Smiley Happy

Message 76 of 77
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

The main ones I use are 

Discover/Freedom (5% catergories)

Chase Hyatt (Hyatt stays)

Citi Reserve (Hilton stays and 10K in spend a year)

CSP (resttaurants and travel)

United card (united travel)

Bluecash (drugstores, groceries, gas when not covered by freedom)

The ones I don't really use but keep for other reasons

Walmart (free Fico)

AMEX BCE (No AF)

AMEX PRG (recently canceled)

AMEX Delta (soon to be canceled)

NFCU (great CL)

IHG (free hotel night)

USAA (only master card and chip and Pin)

Cards I hope to get soon

Chase Ink/Bold for office supplies telephone bills

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 77 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.