cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Chase UR points have you accumulated?

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: How many Chase UR points have you accumulated?

@HiLine wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@searchingfor67 wrote:
Goodness gracious! What is your average monthly spend?

A lot of it is business-related, particularly last minute business-class tickets which I've had to pay $6k+ for SFO-JFK (reimbursed).

NICE! I wish my business required me to travel like that.  I hope you can book throughh UR for the extra point! 

It gets real old, real fast. Smiley Sad The airline status is nice though, which I can use for personal travel, along with the points.

Question from a jealous, non-status flier: what do you like about your airline status? Robot Happy

Being able to call a special number at United, and have a human pick up on the other end.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 31 of 45
bribro
Valued Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@bribro wrote:

@searchingfor67 wrote:
Goodness gracious! What is your average monthly spend?

A lot of it is business-related, particularly last minute business-class tickets which I've had to pay $6k+ for SFO-JFK (reimbursed).

NICE! I wish my business required me to travel like that.  I hope you can book throughh UR for the extra point! 

It gets real old, real fast. Smiley Sad The airline status is nice though, which I can use for personal travel, along with the points.

Seems like (at least around our office) there are the people like me that get to travel just enough to love it and with we could travel more(2-3 times a year) and those that are on the road every other week and hate it with a passion.  I would trade places with you in a heart beat, I despise being stuck in a office every single day! lol

I used to be like that too, and then I got a dog and a serious girlfriend.

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 32 of 45
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Business travel is a great way to earn points for personal vacation.  It really is a great tax effective way to travel.

Work travel gets tiresome very quickly.  It's great the first few months.  After that, it becomes extremely dreary, especially domestic travel.  The worst are dometic flights for a few hours.  The time passes by so slowly and uncomfortably.

If I had to travel, my preference would be overseas flights where I can relax for 12 or 13 hours.  These are ok, but still not fun when work related.

Amen. I have come to HATE West Coat to East Coast travel. It's just long enough to screw up my day, but not too long so as to allow me to be productive/catch up on sleep.

Message 33 of 45
Open123
Super Contributor

@bribro wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

Business travel is a great way to earn points for personal vacation.  It really is a great tax effective way to travel.

Work travel gets tiresome very quickly.  It's great the first few months.  After that, it becomes extremely dreary, especially domestic travel.  The worst are dometic flights for a few hours.  The time passes by so slowly and uncomfortably.

If I had to travel, my preference would be overseas flights where I can relax for 12 or 13 hours.  These are ok, but still not fun when work related.

Amen. I have come to HATE West Coat to East Coast travel. It's just long enough to screw up my day, but not too long so as to allow me to be productive/catch up on sleep.

Yeah, the West Coast flight to NY bunched in coach for 6 hours only go get off in humid Jersey waiting for your luggage, then hopping on a cab stuck in traffic through the turnpike enduring the 60 minute cab ride only to wait in line checking into your hotel at 7 am.  All this without a single friend and not knowing anyone within a 25 mile radius.

The least they could do is let us keep the miles and not tax us for using them after enduring this ordeal several times per year.

Message 34 of 45
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

I just received my bonus points from my ink plus minimum spend, and my new total is...what for it...233,482 UR points! Well on my way to paying for airfare + hotel to an undetermined overseas destination....
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 35 of 45
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@searchingfor67 wrote:
I just received my bonus points from my ink plus minimum spend, and my new total is...what for it...233,482 UR points! Well on my way to paying for airfare + hotel to an undetermined overseas destination....

Nice! I just started working on my UR points - will have 50,000 soon from meeting the min spend from my CSP+Freedom. I'm also hoping to maximize the potential 30k pts from the freedom category spend for the year. I will then get my DH to apply for the CSP+Freedom combo for the bonus. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 36 of 45
enharu
Super Contributor

Got approx 120,000 UR points Smiley Surprised
I didn't know my checking account / debit card gives (or gave) out UR points lol.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 37 of 45
TM82
Regular Contributor

Re: About 150Re: How many Chase UR points have you accumulated?

@afbar1114 wrote:

so far ~65k points with the sign up bonus. if i didnt use some last year it would be ~85k...but i think any thing over $600 in rewards(when redemend) we need to pay a tax on from what i read. 

That's not correct, credit card bonuses in any form are not taxable.  They are not considered a cash bonus even if you redeem it for cash.  New account bonuses where you're given cold hard cash are considered bonuses and therefore generate a 1099-INT.  

My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 38 of 45
TM82
Regular Contributor

Re: About 150Re: How many Chase UR points have you accumulated?

I'm sitting at around 274,000 UR points at the moment.  Redeemed last year for a pair of first class tickets to Cancun (120,000), 4 nights at various Hyatts (50,000), and transferred 20,000 to help my mom with her ticket to London, otherwise I would be sitting with more.  

Sadly my days of high UR earning days are past me as most of my spend goes on my Club card now, the only times I'll earn UR points now are from the 5x categories that I spend, the times my wife uses her Freedom (I haven't given her the Club, don't want to see what she's like with a 20k limit card in her hands, lol), and from the CSP that my parents are AU's on that I get reimbursed monthly for. 

I did do a UR mall purchase using my Club card and was able to ge 4x UR points and 1.5x UA miles but I don't think I'll be risking that anymore, instead I'll just go straight through the Mileage Plus shopping portal so I can track my points easier.  

My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 39 of 45
HiLine
Blogger

@enharu wrote:

Got approx 120,000 UR points Smiley Surprised
I didn't know my checking account / debit card gives (or gave) out UR points lol.

How do you do that ...

Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.