Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Chase cards can you have?

tag
bribro
Valued Contributor

Re: How many Chase cards can you have?

@Jake0215 wrote:
For those that have 3 or more, could you share your limits, cards, and time between apps? I am sitting on two, csp, and select, I'm very seriously contemplating opening a checking if I could get approved for the freedom. I'm more worried about reaching their internal limit as opposed to just getting declined for the card. I know I could pull from my other cards if need be. Any idea how they decide your internal limit? I know it is a proprietary formula, but there has to be some evidence.
  1. Palladium - Applied in mid-2011 - $75k limit
  2. CSP - Applied in early-April 2012 - $15k limit
  3. Freedom - Applied in mid-April 2012 - $15k limit (initially $3k, had them CLI to match my other JPMC lines)

I've read that when you get your first JPMC CC, that's the max they're comfortable with giving you aggregately. It's not true from my experience though. I would definitely call the lending department right after submitting your Freedom app to explain your situation.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 21 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: How many Chase cards can you have?

@Jake0215 wrote:
For those that have 3 or more, could you share your limits, cards, and time between apps? I am sitting on two, csp, and select, I'm very seriously contemplating opening a checking if I could get approved for the freedom. I'm more worried about reaching their internal limit as opposed to just getting declined for the card. I know I could pull from my other cards if need be. Any idea how they decide your internal limit? I know it is a proprietary formula, but there has to be some evidence.

First 2 apps were the Freedom and Slate done 09/2011 at the same time. Both approved limits of 6500 and 7000 with a TU score of about 770. I did recieve a $300 bonus upon first purchase no minimum spend. The JPM Select was 2 or 3 weeks ago. TU score was 753; instant approval for another 7000.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.