Established Contributor
TheCreditKid

How many Credit Cards do you have?

I've just finally noticed that 6 credit cards is too much for me to handle.

I really hope that I'm not the only individual with this much credit cards...:smileyindifferent:

Just out of curiosity, how many credit cards do you have and what's your primary card?

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

All human wisdom is summed up in two words - wait and hope.

-Alexander Dumas
Established Contributor
andre181

Re: How many Credit Cards do you have?

Too many, but I just can't stop apping! :smileysurprised:

11 to be exact. I don't have a "primary card". Chase, Discover, and BoA are SD'd. FNBO and Barclay both have large balances from recent large purchases and will be paid off within 3 months, so I'm not using those right now. 

I am still anxiously waiting for my US Bank card to arrive in the mail. Once I get that, US Bank, Citi, WF, Amex, FNBO, and Cap1 M/C will be the only ones I will carry, and all the rest will be SD'd for a while.

Discover IT $25K | FNBO Visa $22K | Citi Forward $14.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $15K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Chase Freedom $10.5K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
Frequent Contributor
JMN

[ Edited ]

24 or so, with a total combined credit limit of around $250k or so.

Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Senior Contributor
smallfry

I have 5 currently and I know that I could get by with 3 if I had to. 

Established Member
thephonekid

I have currently have 2:

BankAmericard Cash Rewards-$2,000 cl

Citi Dividend Platinum Select for College Students-$4,000 cl

I had others but closed them due to low credit limits or high interest rates. Probably stupid, but I've already done it. I'm now going to stop apping and garden as I have too many inq's on my reports. I really don't need any more credit for my income as a college student and I'm sure these two cards will grow with me.

Current Cards: Chase Sapphire-$5,000, Local Credit Union-$1,000
Frequent Contributor
gangof4

I have twelve and I generally use Am Ex unless there is a special with some other card.

Established Contributor
KIPPIE12

9 total, and revolve 2 each month <3% util

Current Score: EQ: 807 TU: 811 EX: 813 (Fico) 8/14
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally

Citi TY Premier 36k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Sams Discover 10k|Chase IHG Select Visa 26k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 10k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 10k|Chae IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k
Valued Contributor
MrShush

Valued Member
ChampagneWishes

I have 4 now.  Just added Zync a month ago, and that's my primary.  Then have a Cap1 with a $2500 limit - it's my oldest card at 6.5 years, and no AF so I'll probably keep it forever.  Then Orchard ($500) and HSBC Best Buy MC ($400), both of which I will most certainly ditch when the time is right. 

4-5 cards is my goal, so I'm slowly switching out my sub-prime cards for better rewards and CLs.  Next app won't be till May or June...maybe Citi Forward?

Photobucket
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

10, 3 of which are store cards.

I'm getting ready (have been for a year, lol) to combine the limits on my USAA cards and close the AmEx, and I'd be willing to close another, but so far they're all filling one niche or another in my budget, so there's no really obvious candidate. My plain-Jane AmEx Blue might get replaced by the Costco True Earnings in an attempt to get some real rewards.

I have each one earmarked for a separate purpose (gas, groceries, purchase protection on big-ticket items, etc.) so I only use maybe four during any given month, depending on who's doing which rewards now.

Since I balance my checkbook every morning, I also review the dates on each card at that time to see who needs to be paid. This works out well for me, but you definitely have to stay on top of things!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}