cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many GE Capital Retail Bank cards can/do you have?

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: How many GE Capital Retail Bank cards can/do you have?

@SnowKitty paypal smart connect is similar to Bill Me Later, BML is a hidden tradeline though and doesn't report. PPSC can be hooked up to a paypal debit card and reports lile a revolving line of credit. They use it as a counteroffer similar to how you can get a visa/mastercard/discover/amex or a store card. Only difference is ppsc can be used anywhere you can use your paypal debit card. Its just very slow with payments and stuff. You also earn 1% cash back with the paypal debit card.
Message 11 of 86
Dizzy15

Here are my GEMB Cards and limits

JC Penney ($6K)

Walmart ($6K)

Amazon ($3K)

Old Navy ($1400)

Banana Republic ($500)

HH Gregg ($3K)

ABT Electronics ($6K)

Care Credit ($6500)

Meijer ($3K)

Toys R Us ($1500)

Lowes ($10K)

Paypal Extras MC ($1K)

Sams Discover ($5K)

Message 12 of 86
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I actually have 3.

Living Spaces ($5,500)

Ashley Furniture Home ($5,500)

and my newly aquired Amazon.com Store Card with a $1,000 CL.

I dunno why that was is much lower than my other GE issued cards...probably b/c it isn't mainly a furniture store. LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 13 of 86
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I wonder if they a maximum CL policy across all GE cards? 

I have:

Walmart 10K(just bumped from 5K last week)

Amazon 7.5K

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 14 of 86
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Does the apr go down on these cards as you prove yourself creditworthy?
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 15 of 86
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

AE-400

Walmart-800

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 16 of 86
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

GE has ALWAYS turned me down for APR decreases.
However, yesterday a CSR in India for my Paypal MC told me to write a letter with an apr reduction request to have them consider it.

Hmmm weird. Guess I'll try that? That's the only GE card that I don't PIF. I owe $1,800/$7,000 :-( lol

BUT I KNOW the csr's at GE can credit you back a month of interest ;-) prob no more thab once or twice a year:-/
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 17 of 86
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:
Does the apr go down on these cards as you prove yourself creditworthy?

They have couple levels with MC or what not sometimes... but store cards by GE... I don't know of any of them to have different APR's over time.

Message 18 of 86
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

I have 3...

Walmart Discover $2000 CL

JC Penney $1670 CL

Care Credit $6100 CL

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 86
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@snowkitty wrote:

I am new to all of this and was approved last week for the walmart card and the amazon store credit card from GE. But then I was denied for the paypal card through them. I now have 2 major credit cards and the 2 GE cards so I am not applying for anything else but I was curious how many different cards you can have with them. I have noticed here in the forum that there is alot of love for them and that people have several accounts with them that seems to play a big role in the rebuilding process.

I have the WalMart, Amazon and Paypal. I think JCPenny is GE and i have them too.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 20 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.