cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many GECRB accounts do you have??

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

Re: How many GECRB accounts do you have??

Sam's Club, Walmart, Chevron, Dillard's

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 21 of 57
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@bernhardtra wrote:

Just two;

Walmart

Belks (I haven't even used in the 6 months that I have had it, but they were nice enough to give me a CLI from $200 to $800.  I only got it to have $0 balance and reporting.)

I have heard that once you get one card from them and do well with it, they will easily open another card with them.  I am waiting for the Walmart to turn into a Discover card.  I am hoping that will happen after the next statement, which is the 6 month mark and that is today or tomorrow.  I am a bit anxious about it as I would have preferred they had given it to me straight away. 

I spoke with Underwriting and asked how long to convert.  I was told 12 mos- it wasn't possible to convert sooner.  YMMV

Message 22 of 57
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Amazon Store Card

Walmart

eBay Mastercard

Wouldn't mind the Dillards Amex and Walmart Discover..........

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 23 of 57
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

I called GECRB about my Sam's Club card, I wanted to know if they could convert it to Discover, they said with Sam's if I wanted a Discover I would have to apply for it, and it's not possible to convert the store card to Discover. Have they autoconverted anyone?

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 24 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 4 cards

P.C. Richards - $7,500.00

Lord & Taylor - $4,000.00 

Walmart - $1,000.00

Home Goods - $2,500.00

All have zero balance other than the p.c. richards and never late 

I really want a lowes for 10,000 + for remoulding!!!!

@ilovelisa wrote:

I called GECRB about my Sam's Club card, I wanted to know if they could convert it to Discover, they said with Sam's if I wanted a Discover I would have to apply for it, and it's not possible to convert the store card to Discover. Have they autoconverted anyone?

Message 25 of 57
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

JCPenney

Walmart Discover

Message 26 of 57
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

They told me that about my Walmart card, then I called back and was given a different answer.  My sister had a Walmart card and it was converted to a Discover after 6 months.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 27 of 57
Juan123
Established Contributor

ugh, for some reason they're soooooo addictive to apply for lol... i had a whopping 9 of them, cut it down to 3... but of course i applied for the TJX card last month... sigh.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 28 of 57
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Just in case anyone is interested, here's an older thread which gives you a list of all the retail cards backed by GE:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Retail-cards-backed-by-GE/m-p/1198815

Message 29 of 57
Sweets8E
Frequent Contributor

Amazon Store Card

Walmart

PayPal Smart Connect

American Eagle

Dillards

Shop NBC Smiley Embarassed

I need to get this under control. LOL I'd axe the bottom three but they keep giving me CLI's albeit small ones like $100-$200. Wait...AE hasn't given me anything since that $150 increase. In 2013, I might just close them out. I don't think I need this many store cards. I had a JCP card years ago, but closed it. 

Starting Score: 686 TU / 683 EQ 01/17/2013
Current Score: 703 TU / 691 EQ 10/04/2013 / 688 EX 11/12/2013
Goal Score: 700 across all three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 30 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.