Regular Contributor
VEEVEE

Re: How many GECRB accounts do you have??

Jcp,  Walmart Discover, Oldnavy Visa.

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Belk, Amazon, and Walmart
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Valued Contributor
j_casteel

Walmart

Amazon

I'd like to add Lowe's sometime in 2013 as well.

Question, I see a lot of people having both the Walmart and Sam's Card. What are some benefits/reasons of that? Just curious.

-John

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4.5k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Regular Contributor
SisterGirl

[ Edited ]

j_casteel wrote:

Walmart

Amazon

Question, I see a lot of people having both the Walmart and Sam's Card. What are some benefits/reasons of that? Just curious.

-John

Personally, I had my Walmart card first. I recently joined Sam's Club with my own membership (was an "secondary" card user with a friend that decided to drop it).....and they offered me the Sam's Credit upon applying that is built into the membership card.

SisterGIrl

SisterGirl
Valued Contributor
beb86

Just 2 

Walmart

Chevron/Texaco

ccpics2.jpg
Frequent Contributor
ilovelisa

j_casteel wrote:

Walmart

Amazon

-John

I apped for the Sam's Card in hopes of getting the Discover, approved for store credit. Then a minute later I went and apped for the Walmart Discover, approved for store credit again. :smileymad:

Amex BCE $6,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Chase Freedom VS $10,000 | Chase Marriott Premier VS $5,000 | DCU $1,000 | Discover It $1,900 | Elan VS $9,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500 | PenFed Platinum Rewards VS $5,000 | SallieMae Rewards $8,000
Established Contributor
lithium78

I have the Walmart Discover and it's now my largest CL.  GECRB has been very good to me.  I would heartily recommend them to anybody out there and I would seriously consider doing more business with them with other store accounts in the future.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
chan85

bernhardtra wrote:

Just two;

Walmart

Belks (I haven't even used in the 6 months that I have had it, but they were nice enough to give me a CLI from $200 to $800.  I only got it to have $0 balance and reporting.)

I have heard that once you get one card from them and do well with it, they will easily open another card with them.  I am waiting for the Walmart to turn into a Discover card.  I am hoping that will happen after the next statement, which is the 6 month mark and that is today or tomorrow.  I am a bit anxious about it as I would have preferred they had given it to me straight away. 

I have

JCP

Wal-Mart Discover

Old Navy

Care Credit

It was easy to open, but geez I would like them to start me with reasonable credit lines just ONCE!  My WMDiscover is now at 3000, jumped from about $1800 when they convereted me from the store card a few months ago and it took over a year to get to that. JCP is 1800 had that for just over a year or so now too. But when I opened the ON card in September, it was a measly $300 and they gave me another 100 right before the holidays I suppose as incentive to use it more. My Care Credit has been at $500 since I opened it, and they want a hard pull to increase it. In the past before I knew about soft/hard pulls I would go for it and get declined, but right now I don't see the need for it, so I'll stick within the $500 range.

I am itching to app for the Lowes card, about to do some work around the house. But if they only give me $300 that's not going to go too far past paint.....

WM TransUnion- 650 (6/2014) Credit Sesame Experian- 691 (6/2014) Credit Karma TransUnion- 665 (6/2014)
Amex Zync/UNICORN- NPSL/Capital One Venture One Pro -$7,000/NFCU Cash Rewards- $7,500/NFCU NavChek- $5,000/SouthWest Airlines- $5,000/Capital One Quicksilver Platinum- $3,000/Wal-Mart Discover- $6,000/Bill Me Later- $2,200/JCP- $4,700/Discover IT- $500/Care Credit -$2,300/Old Navy Visa- $2,000/New York & Company - $1,000/Capital One -$800
GOALS: No new inqs until 10/30/14. Pay off debt consolidation loan in less than 1 year. Snowball debt payments.
Last HP: 3/5/14
Mega Contributor
LS2982

chan85 wrote:

bernhardtra wrote:

Just two;

Walmart

Belks (I haven't even used in the 6 months that I have had it, but they were nice enough to give me a CLI from $200 to $800.  I only got it to have $0 balance and reporting.)

I have heard that once you get one card from them and do well with it, they will easily open another card with them.  I am waiting for the Walmart to turn into a Discover card.  I am hoping that will happen after the next statement, which is the 6 month mark and that is today or tomorrow.  I am a bit anxious about it as I would have preferred they had given it to me straight away. 

I have

JCP

Wal-Mart Discover

Old Navy

Care Credit

It was easy to open, but geez I would like them to start me with reasonable credit lines just ONCE!  My WMDiscover is now at 3000, jumped from about $1800 when they convereted me from the store card a few months ago and it took over a year to get to that. JCP is 1800 had that for just over a year or so now too. But when I opened the ON card in September, it was a measly $300 and they gave me another 100 right before the holidays I suppose as incentive to use it more. My Care Credit has been at $500 since I opened it, and they want a hard pull to increase it. In the past before I knew about soft/hard pulls I would go for it and get declined, but right now I don't see the need for it, so I'll stick within the $500 range.

I am itching to app for the Lowes card, about to do some work around the house. But if they only give me $300 that's not going to go too far past paint.....

Lowes accounts typically give nice CL's starting, and even if it is low you can recon it right after approval.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Super Contributor
Ron1

[ Edited ]

JC Penney, Old Navy Visa, Gap, Lowes, Amazon Card, American Eagle, Dillards Amex, Walmart Card and Discover, Sams Club Credit and Discover, PayPal MC,ShopNBC, Chevron and Bjorn's Card.

Ron.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}