Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many HP's for Chase Amazon card?

tag
Braydon
New Contributor

How many HP's for Chase Amazon card?

Want to apply for the Amazon Card but I noticed its a Chase backed card, I have their Freedom card with a $4000 limit on it but if I remember they HP my credit 3 times just to get it, They did approve me for the Slate card 2 years ago with $1000 limit but I closed it after a year.

Am I going to get hit 3 times for the Amazon card if I app for it? And who do they pull on the East coast if I get lucky enough and just get one HP pull for my effort.

In gereral are the starting CL limits wth it,

FICO EX 698 5-9-14/ FICO TU 689 5-2-14

AMEX ZINC, AMEX BLUE $2000, DISC $6100, BoA TR $6400, BoA CR $5000, CITI PREF $7300, CITY TY $3500, FNBO AMEX $4000, CHASE $4000, WALMART $5000, JARED $10,000

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: How many HP's for Chase Amazon card?

Amazon Card is backed by GECRB. Amazon Visa is backed by Chase. 

Which one are you apping for?

Message 2 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Chase Amazon Visa is just like any other card from Chase. Usually it's a HP to Experian, but can also be a HP to EX and EQ or all three. Usually it's not all 3. People get only 1 HP all the time with Chase, but you really never know how many it will be until you app.

Good luck if you do app! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

With the Amazon Visa from Chase you indeed risk multiple pulls. For me Chase constantly does double pulls on EX and EQ ... Chase is the record puller  and holds 50% of my pulls on 2 cards ..lol ..at least if I ever have to explain the many pulls I have an excuse now = Chase and not car shopping.

Message 4 of 9
Braydon
New Contributor

Amazon Rewards Visa is all they show to app for..

Message 5 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Braydon wrote:

I always get alternate offers ... Visa with 60$ off and store card with like 10$ off...

Have you considered Sallie Mae instead of Chase Visa?  SM should get 5% on Amazon purchases and 1 single pull on TU Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Braydon wrote:

I always get alternate offers ... Visa with 60$ off and store card with like 10$ off...

Have you considered Sallie Mae instead of Chase Visa?  SM should get 5% on Amazon purchases and 1 single pull on TU Smiley Happy

+1. Totally forgot to mention my plug for this! For most people 5% on the first $750/month on Amazon purchases would be sufficient enough. 

Best of luck on this if you're applying! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
Braydon
New Contributor

Thanks you guys and gals! I think I'm going to be a good girl and stay in the garden on Amazon.

I will check out Sallie Mae just for the fun of it since my son is in his final leg of law school and I did a few student loans through them..

Message 8 of 9
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Braydon wrote:

Thanks you guys and gals! I think I'm going to be a good girl and stay in the garden on Amazon.

I will check out Sallie Mae just for the fun of it since my son is in his final leg of law school and I did a few student loans through them..

It's great as a cash back card, too though! The statement credits are pretty awesome. Anything over 25 and you get to use it all... say 27.85 or whatever you get to utilize every penny of the amount above that. Smiley Wink I like that feature!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.