Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many HP's is too many?

tag
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

How many HP's is too many?

Finally after a long battle my scores are finally 700+ across the board. INQ's are EQ 5 (1 from Discover since scores up 3 within the last yr), EX 4 (1 from Discover since scores up 2 within the last year) and TU 1 from Barclays NFL Card since scores up. No score drop from the new INQ's. EQ dropped 13 pts from 724 to 711 when Barclays and Discover reported new acct TL's without reporting the CL amounts. My oldest rev acct is 20 yrs old. I would like to app for a bank credit line and a couple more rev accts to help my CL amount, which will add more zero balances to my CR. FICO loves zero balances. So, how many INQ's is too much!

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: How many HP's is too many?

@Dishpro wrote:
Finally after a long battle my scores are finally 700+ across the board. INQ's are EQ 5 (1 from Discover since scores up 3 within the last yr), EX 4 (1 from Discover since scores up 2 within the last year) and TU 1 from Barclays NFL Card since scores up. No score drop from the new INQ's. EQ dropped 13 pts from 724 to 711 when Barclays and Discover reported new acct TL's without reporting the CL amounts. My oldest rev acct is 20 yrs old. I would like to app for a bank credit line and a couple more rev accts to help my CL amount, which will add more zero balances to my CR. FICO loves zero balances. So, how many INQ's is too much!

depends on the bank. 

ive seen people have 30 inq across three reports. and get accepted for cl. 

i personally have 23. 20 when i apped for amex and they pulled all three of my reports. 

6 of thos inq are from auto shopping(same day)  and 5 from my bank this summer. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 5
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

I forgot to mention I plan on gardening till most INQ's drop off.

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
cs91
Regular Contributor

I'd say you'd probably get the "Too many INQ last 12 months message" for anything over 1 or 2 INQ on each report within the last year regardless of approval or denial. 

Message 4 of 5
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Dishpro wrote:
I forgot to mention I plan on gardening till most INQ's drop off.

you mean stop effecting score or completely drop off? 

that's my plan as well. 

all my inq stop effectiing me aug 30th 2013. but plan on gardening ethier till jan '14 or just waiting until jan of '15. 

3 of my inq fall off my reports by year end and 6 stop effecting me by the end of feb. rest are all jun-aug. 

congrats on 8 monhts app free though. 

i think its harder to think about it when coming on here. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.