cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Inquires does a tri-merge report takes?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How many Inquires does a tri-merge report takes?

How does the inquires for the tri-merge report works? Will there be one hit for inquiry with each CRA?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many Inquires does a tri-merge report takes?

You don't get hard inquiries when checking your own report.
Message 2 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi, I know when I use truecredit I get all three reports and I don't get any inquiries. I was talking to Advanta today about getting a business card for my business. He says they will obtain a tri-merge report for my personal credit. I was not sure how it work and how many inquiries it would create. I heard for mortgage and other things they pull tri-merge report. I am not sure how it works and how many inquiries it would cost. That is what I am trying to find out.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should get 1 hard inq on each CRA.
Message 4 of 5
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

That is what I thought. Advanta guy keeps saying one inquiry, when I asked him it is one inquiry from each CRA he says no there will be only one inquiry. When I ask which CRA that one will be he says he can not tell. I thought there might be some thing I don't about tri-merge how it works. Any way, I have decided to stay away from it for now. I have applied for HomeDepot / Business MasterCard which does not require PG. I should hear next week from them. Let us see.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.