Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Inquries does citibank allow ? in a six month period

tag
sandman2435
Established Contributor

How many Inquries does citibank allow ? in a six month period

I want to app for a one of citibank's better cards,How many Inquries do they allow in a six month period?..I know I have 3 Inquries in the last six months and I know they pull experion in my area..as I know they are very sensitve about Inquries..my scores are over 700 no lates or baddies

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

Re: How many Inquries does citibank allow ? in a six month period

2 in six month, from my very recent experience. If more than 2, your application is automatically denied before it even being reviewed. i had >700 score but was denied due to this. Even called the supervisor but not work. So save yourself a HP if you're not ready

@sandman2435 wrote:

I want to app for a one of citibank's better cards,How many Inquries do they allow in a six month period?..I know I have 3 Inquries in the last six months and I know they pull experion in my area..as I know they are very sensitve about Inquries..my scores are over 700 no lates or baddies

Message 2 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

They pulled both EQ for me and I got 2k with 2 inquires  whats weird though up until today iyty showed on my CR they pulled from 2 different CR's but TU is gone I had 3 Inqueries showing on TU last 6 months

Message 3 of 7
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

@pastnow123 wrote:

2 in six month, from my very recent experience. If more than 2, your application is automatically denied before it even being reviewed. i had >700 score but was denied due to this. Even called the supervisor but not work. So save yourself a HP if you're not ready

Past, when you app'd and were denied, was it automatic denial online - or did you get something after telling you?  Also did the inquiry show up quickly?

I app'd for a Citi card over a week ago, and got a message about needing further review.  I think there must have been a reference number, but I didn't notice it (I'm just assuming that because the site mentions checking app status with one).  As far as I can tell from my CMS's I still haven't had an inquiry show up and I haven't gotten any news via email or snail mail one way or the other on my application... I'd forgotten until just now.

(ETA: Actually, I double checked and I do see the inquiry on Experian, back on the 27th... Tick tock! lol  At least I know I didn't dream about apping haha)

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 4 of 7
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@modernsurrender wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

Past, when you app'd and were denied, was it automatic denial online - or did you get something after telling you?  Also did the inquiry show up quickly?

I app'd for a Citi card over a week ago, and got a message about needing further review.  I think there must have been a reference number, but I didn't notice it (I'm just assuming that because the site mentions checking app status with one).  As far as I can tell from my CMS's I still haven't had an inquiry show up and I haven't gotten any news via email or snail mail one way or the other on my application... I'd forgotten until just now.

(ETA: Actually, I double checked and I do see the inquiry on Experian, back on the 27th... Tick tock! lol  At least I know I didn't dream about apping haha)

I would call Citi if I were you to check on my application's status. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frogfan12 wrote:

@modernsurrender wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

I would call Citi if I were you to check on my application's status. 

I agree, call them you should get a decision right then and there.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
therealBigSmooth
Established Member

I had 11 INQ's. 8 for mortgage shopping, 1 for auto and 2 for CC's beginning Jan 28th 2012. I had to recon, they asked for addy verification, I faxed utility bill and yesterday I was approved. From what I have read I it appears I am the exception to the rule. Citi seems very particular about inq's. FYI my scores were low 700's. Wish I could give you a definitive answer but these ccc's are a strange group. Good luck! I agree call the recon number.

Opinions and feelings just get in the way of good decision making.
Me
Discover 350/4K, Chase Freedom 0/2K, Lowes 0/500, Tidewater(Jerome's Furniture 0/2K, Citi Simplicity 0/1000
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.