cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many Lurkers in our Midst? Post HERE now! :-)

tag
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: How many Lurkers in our Midst? Post HERE now! :-)

@Anonymous wrote:

- couple of years lurking

- i belong to other forum where i do add value like poker and bodybuilding but this one is just helpful and sometimes amazing cuz u see some crazy cc junkies, i am used to junkies on gambling and roids but credit junkies i dont even know how to handle.

- CLI luv button, when i came here my BofA was $4K, 2 years later after some luv action i sit at $20K.

nice!   those are my 2 other forums!!!

Message 11 of 39
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Good morning !

I must admit that I do a LOT of reading (aka LURKER) versus posting & I've learned so much from the experiences of others. The Venture boat is a "tease" right now, but I've sworn off ANY new inquiries for the entire 2015 year, so if it's to be.....it will be in 2016 !  However, if it wasn't for this forum I would not EVER known of Barclay SM Mastercard or Navy Federal CU (amongst other goodies).

SisterGirl
Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seconded, I never would've known of NFCU's great and almighty power if it wasn't for this forum. I don't post often but I read A LOT. Even stuff that does not apply to me, I find it all so fascinating. 

So NFCU is the best thing I've learned here so far. I hope to one day have actual advice to chip in and help others!

Message 13 of 39
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Lurking on and off for the last 7 years. I took my longest break when I was in the middle of a divorce which annihilated my credit. Came back when I started to rebuild. My posts skyrocketed this last stretch that I have been back.

The emphasis of the boards have changed. When I started it was more geared toward building, rebuilding, who approves what, and credit lines. Rewards were a factor, but not as heavy. Now it's more Fico science and Rewards, with credit lines thrown in. 

It was a tad friendlier back then, but I think it's still pretty pleasant here. I have read much snarkier credit boards. 

Message 14 of 39
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Longtime lurker and fairly recent poster......still learning, yearning, and earning.  Wealth of information on here...... you just have to sift through it to get what you need.   Amazing to see folk's habits on here and see some of the rebuilding stories, churners insights, rewards seekers, and tips to acquire credit.   You can get a better understanding of credit including avoiding the pitfalls, the almighty recon and the perserverance it takes to build or rebuild.  Before I came here I was trying to nourish and grow a few thousand in CL......now I am over 200K in CL within the past 2 years.  Not bragging but thankful and grateful for this forum.  My credit is not perfect by any means and I still get denials, and don't understand a lot of things yet.....but for the most part my lurking and interacting has been a life saver and life changer for me.

Message 15 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've mostly lurked for a couple of years. I just recently signed up. Been working on rebuilding since my divorce, and years of credit issues. I've learned quite a bit! I have posted a few times to offer my own personal experiences, but gained plenty of valuable information from here!

Message 16 of 39
Solution42
New Contributor

Total Messages Posted     21
Total Messages Read     25746

Smiley Sad I think I have a problem

EQ657
TU667
EX652
HomeDepot       Venture VS      Quicksilver WMC Quicksilver WMC Walmart         Discover IT     Victorias SecretKohls
Message 17 of 39
Aarvard
Established Contributor

I had been lurking for more than a year before actually signing up to be a member Smiley Happy

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been here a few months - not very often do I have anything to contribute, but I read this board daily (actually hit it a few times a day, lol). Learning so much!

Message 19 of 39
TruBlu
Contributor

Interesting topic for sure! So here goes:

Lurking for about a year.
Do post often. You answered my last question about CapOne Smiley Wink
I learned this place is full of Ballers! Just kidding, this place has been a great resource. The contributors here have been the nicest, the most knowledgeable people for any community that I'm a part of!!
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.