Not applicable

Re: How many accounts do you have?

6 are closed.

I've got 3 CC and a car payment.
Message 31 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

4 red flags max on any one report. All for items included in BK. Zero red flags for anything after that '02 event.
Message 32 of 54
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FairIsaac has published data showing risk level based upon open number of revolving credit TLs.  Their mininum risk stats show the lowest risk at only 2-3 cards.
Message 33 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have a question for those of you with lots of accounts and are getting flags.

Do you just have one flag on the Credit-At-A-Glance screen, on the right lower half of the screen, where it shows a chart like this:
Total past due [?] Credit history [?] Late payments [?] <-- here's my flag!
No accounts past due 18 Years 11

Total balance of
Your revolving accounts [?] $220
Your mortgages [?] $111,581
Your installment loans [?] $0

Total number of
Accounts [?] 16 <-- Is this where you're getting a flag?
Accounts with balances [?] 3
Accounts opened in past year [?] 3
Recent inquiries [?] 0
Collections [?] 0
Public Records [?] 0
Or do you have multiple flags on the accounts page? If so, where are they on the accounts page? My flags on that page are for my accounts with lates (of course), and they're under a column called "Paid late?" I don't know where flags for excess or new accounts would appear. Do we get additional columns for these, oh boy?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 34 of 54
marty56
Super Contributor

Hauling,

I have the same 2 flags on all 3 reports that you do.  I have either 33 accounts (most are closed) or 36 depending on which report I look at.  For some reason my TU lists 2 old car loans which is great by me since I am going for a new car loan in the Fall.  I wish I knew what my auto FICO was but I wont go to a dealer now to find out.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 35 of 54
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

hauling, that's where my flag is, exactly where yours is...next to the lates
Message 36 of 54
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
I have a question for those of you with lots of accounts and are getting flags.

Do you just have one flag on the Credit-At-A-Glance screen, on the right lower half of the screen, where it shows a chart like this:
Total past due [?] Credit history [?] Late payments [?] -- here's my flag!
No accounts past due 18 Years 11

Total balance of
Your revolving accounts [?] $220
Your mortgages [?] $111,581
Your installment loans [?] $0

Total number of
Accounts [?] 16 -- Is this where you're getting a flag?
Accounts with balances [?] 3
Accounts opened in past year [?] 3
Recent inquiries [?] 0
Collections [?] 0
Public Records [?] 0
Or do you have multiple flags on the accounts page? If so, where are they on the accounts page? My flags on that page are for my accounts with lates (of course), and they're under a column called "Paid late?" I don't know where flags for excess or new accounts would appear. Do we get additional columns for these, oh boy?

Hauling my flags are for total number of accounts when the total is over 30 (just Experian) accounts opened this past year (a goodly portion which are closed now, if I knew then what I know now LOL) and public records. So 3 flags in total on the credit at a glance page.
Message 37 of 54
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Total number of Accounts 39
Accounts with balances  10
Accounts opened in past year  4
Recent inquiries  5
Collections  0
Public Records  0

My flags on EX at a glance are above.

My flags on EX accounts page are below.

Company         Account number Date opened Balance Status Paid Late?

Charge AccountGemb/Care Credit                   6/2004 $0 Current account/was 30 days past due date two times This account has late payments in the past

OtherCFcu                                        7/2002 $0 Paid account/was a charge-off This account has late payments in the past

Student/Education LoanSallie Mae Servicing               4/2002 $XX,XXX Current account/was delinquent 90 days past due date This account has late payments in the past

Student/Education LoanSallie Mae Servicing               4/2001 $0 Account transferred to another office This account has late payments in the past
(there are 12 more accts from SM that are identical to the above)

Student/Education LoanSallie Mae Servicing               8/2003 $0 Paid account/was 90 days past due date This account has late payments in the past

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 03-09-2008 10:11 AM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 38 of 54
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Thanks, everyone, and especially Peas! I should have posted mine, but it takes me a while to get my courage up to do the screenshot-paint-host-post thing. Smiley Tongue

It looks on Peas' page like the flags on the Accounts page are for late payments, if the Sallie Mae's had lates. Or did they not have lates, and therefore the flags must be for something else?

My theory is that the only place that you are flagged for too many accounts is on the Credit At A Glance page, and that any flags on the Accounts page are in the "Paid Late?" column. Does anyone have flags on the Accounts page, but they don't have any lates?

Thanks again, and let's all join together now: "It's a Grand Old Flag, it's a high-flying flag..." Smiley Very Happy

OK, with much cussing to get this to post, here's how mine look:

edit: for some reason, my siggy is showing as a link to imageshack, and I can't figure how to get it...Smiley Tongue

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 39 of 54
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Hauling --

Thanks for sharing!

My lates with Sallie Mae were 90s and 120s.  My EQ report w/o these accts looks MUCH nicer (and probably would have fit w/o the uber crop/paste job).

I haven't been dinged anywhere else for too many accts.  (At least not that I am aware.)

Smiley Happy 

-P
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 40 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.