Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many capital one cards?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: How many capital one cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

How many capital one cards can you have at any one time?

I was told 2, a lot of people say two.

But then i see people with 3-5 and im just wondering how or if the limit isnt 2?

Five

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless you're me, then six.

2 mc and 4 vs - just hoping and waiting to combine in March.
Message 12 of 16
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

I've got 5 with them...not sure if my PlayStation Visa counts as a subprime card or not though.  It's doesn't get much action and the limit is fairly low on it. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Unless you're me, then six.

2 mc and 4 vs - just hoping and waiting to combine in March.

Bet one of them is a co-brand. Cap One does not allow more than 5 of their products to anyone. Pics....or it didn't happen. Smiley Wink

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Arlo,

It does happen.  My DH had six prime cards (3 Venture Sig, 1 Venture One Sig, and 2 Quicksilver Sig) all app'd and approved for within the last 12 months.  Last week he closed one of his Quicksilvers and this weekend he's closing one of the Ventures.  Someone posted last week detailed info I assume from within Capital One's website about this very question and other questions.  It was a long post but I can't  remember who posted it. 

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, the reason why he is closing these cards and not combining them is because he is not eligible to combine any of his cards.  He is somehow caught in the snafu where if you have CO's showing in your linked accounts (he has one from 2009), it is possibly preventing him from combining.  He has been trying to combine since it began (July?), and just doesn't want to play the game. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.