cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many cards do you actually carry in your wallet?

tag
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Re: How many cards do you actually carry in your wallet?

@Anonymous wrote:

A lot of people here have so many cards. Do you actually carry all of them with you all the time?

I have 4 cards but keep only 2 in my wallet at any one time. Citi Forward is always in there b/c I eat out/buy something to drink pretty much everyday, sometimes multiple times a day. The other card gets rotated depending on if I need to buy something specific that day that falls in a bonus category, like groceries or gas.

Just curious what you guys do. I'd hate to carry a lot of cards with me only to have my wallet get stolen Smiley Sad

One credit card (Barclay, soon to be replaced by my newly-approved credit union credit card with a lower interest) and my debit card in case I need cash...that's it.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 11 of 57
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

What I carry in my wallet is in my sig

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 12 of 57
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I have four CC's and one debit card in my wallet.

2 Visas

1 MC

1 Amex

1 MC debit card

Message 13 of 57
Datx
Valued Contributor

I only have two card slots for my wallet, and in those slots is my Amex Zync and new Chase Freedom Visa.

Message 14 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Amex BCE, my USAA Visa and my debit card.

Message 15 of 57
pkhuu78
Contributor

For me:

Amex - PR Gold

Visa - NFCU Flagship Rewards

Discover

MC - CapOne Cash Rewards

and one more that i rotate to keep the accounts active..

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 16 of 57
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I carry all my cards with me. 3 credit cards, 2 debit cards, 1 business debit, insurance cards
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 - Amex, Visa x2. 

Message 18 of 57
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Six. Two mastercards(Chase Freedom and Barclays Rewards), two Visas (PNC Cashbuilder, Amazon Chase), two American Express (Fidelity 2% rewards, American Express Blue Cash Everyday). With these I get the highest possible cashback no matter where I go. The rest of my cards will probably never see the light of day except for the Macy's American Express whenever I go to Macy's.

Message 19 of 57
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

I carry AMEX Gold RPand Blue CP, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, B&N World MC, debit card, and Sams Club Discover. Sometimes I also carry the DM that I am AU on. I carry a CC walet inside my purse.  A few month ago, I carried 3 or 4 more cards.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 20 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.