cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many cards do you actually carry in your wallet?

tag
TM82
Regular Contributor

Re: How many cards do you actually carry in your wallet?

Chase Sapphire Preferred in the go to slot of my wallet. Chase Freedom as well but rarely harm it's more a card my wife uses since she loves those $1.50 coffee charges. Amex Premier Rewards Gold for Costco. Chase ATM only card to avoid the dangers of debit but give me access to cash if I ever need which is rarely.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 31 of 57
SenorDragon
Valued Member

Four:

Discover Escape - go-to card

Amex TrueEarnings - for Costco and gas

Capital One Green Cash Rewards - for non-Amex/Discover places

Alliant debit card - for cash when needed

Message 32 of 57
laz98
Senior Contributor

I think I carry about 8, without actually checking, & my gf probably carries 4?  Never really gave it much thought!

Message 33 of 57
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

5 cards - CSP, CO PP, BofA US Airways Visa Signature, BofA US Airways debit card, Westpac Debit MasterCard (Australian bank)... I use that to withdraw cash from the ATMs here.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 34 of 57
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

I got a "hipster" wallet at Dillards that has like a million card slots so I carry em all - BCP, Discover More, CSP, BofA123, USAA WMC, Target, 2 debit cards, govt travel card. Trouble is, it barely fits in my flightsuit pocket. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 35 of 57
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

I have four and carry them all with me. If I had to cut one, I would leave the Capital One at home.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 36 of 57
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

2 CCs and 1 Debit.

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 37 of 57
Open123
Super Contributor

Some of you guys must have pretty spacious wallets!

I carry 3.  One business and 2 personal.

Message 38 of 57
frogfan12
Established Contributor

I carry all of my cards with me. You never know when you're going to need another card if some fluke happens with one of your regulars. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 39 of 57
annalog

I only carry one CC (MasterCard) and one Debit card.

Amex is used only for auto-billings.

The rest stay in the drawer unless I'm going on vacation.

I never use my debit card for anything but the ATM, unless it's an emergency.

My co-worker learned this lesson with his debit card.  He used it for everything.  Then his account number got lifted and his bank account got drained.

It took him 90 days to get his money back, and he had to borrow money to pay his mortgage.

Debit cards should never be used like an everyday credit card.  Caution.

Oh, and I carry lots of cash so I don't have to ever use my CC.  It's amazing how much less you spend when you carry cash.

TW=825, CB=819, TU=946
Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.