Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many cards in your wallet or purse?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How many cards in your wallet or purse?

Im not asking how many cards you have, just how many you actually keep on you?

My wallet is getting full due to my recent spree, and it made me wonder what I actually need to keep on me? I have five cards and my debit card in mine. I realized I would be in trouble if it was lost or stolen with the limits lol.

I just might keep three

How many are in yours ? Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 102
101 REPLIES 101
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many cards in your wallet or purse?

about 5. I have a company card, AMEX Gold and Delta, Chase United and Marriott, cant carry em all, I carry the coolest looking ones, regardless of CL Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 102
msbia
Established Contributor

Wayyy too many at the moment, but I'm getting to the point where if I leave the house I pick out the cards I plan to use or might use and take only those. Max 3. 

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 3 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now? Citi Prestige, Discover It and my Barclay's Aviator Red, since my shiny new Everyday Preferred was "fraud-zen" by AMEX, and i'm not going to hassle myself with a notary at the bank to prove who I say I am after having had over 10 cards with them in the past. I already have the D* benefit from it and don't care if they close it.

Message 4 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 including my bank debit card.  I have a wallet with many available slots! 

Message 5 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

8 out of 9. I keep one at home just in case (knock on wood) I lose my wallet. I use 4 regularly, the other 4 I keep in there for occasional use to keep them alive. I'm thinking of paring that down, however. 

Message 6 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

3. Discover IT, Chase Freedom, and Amex BCP. The others I keep home and only use for recurring monthly charges to keep them active, or they have a balance I'm paying down before I start using them again.

Message 7 of 102
happypill
Valued Contributor

I just looked and I have 6, however two are my HSA spending card and Corporate Visa, both of which I rarely use but still kind of have to carry them around.  I think I'd like to narrow my personal cards to 3.

Message 8 of 102
Sharingan
Established Contributor

@Italiannyc17 wrote:

Im not asking how many cards you have, just how many you actually keep on you?

My wallet is getting full due to my recent spree, and it made me wonder what I actually need to keep on me? I have five cards and my debit card in mine. I realized I would be in trouble if it was lost or stolen with the limits lol.

I just might keep three

How many are in yours ? Smiley Happy

I only keep 4 credit cards + my Sam's MC, since it doubles as a membership card. Usually, I have my AmEx EDP, AmEx Platinum, CSP, and the 4th being whatever I am rotating in. I couldn't imagine the nightmare of calling to cancel/obtain replacements if I ever lost my wallet with too many cards in it. I don't ever carry my debit cards because I don't like having a direct link to my funds being exposed to skimmers and dishonest store clerks. Additionally, the idea of losing a debit card is too frightening for me. 

Banks are a lot less apt to recover anyone else's money but their own.

Message 9 of 102
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Cash Rewards, ATM Card (thats right...ATM...not debit...ifit gets stolen no one is getting my money in my account), Disney Premier, GM BuyPower. When my Hyatt come is, BoA is going into the drawer with my others. I also have my PenFed in the car for gas and if I forget my wallet somewhere. Also have the company cc.

Message 10 of 102
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.