cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many chase cards can you apply on same day?

tag
roshan
Contributor

How many chase cards can you apply on same day?

hi

I am going to be doing my first app sparee in  next two three weeks.

I want to know how many chase cards you can apply on same day or what is the wait time between two applications?

I currently have two chase cards - Freedom and Amazon - with total CL of $19K.

I am intrested in chase CSP, BA, United ME and may be Piority club visa select.

But i know Chase is very picky in approving cards. 

So any information about them will be helpful.

Thanks

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: How many chase cards can you apply on same day?

Usually Chase automatically denies people for second card onward within 90 days.

You can all recon of course.

Message 2 of 13
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

Usually Chase automatically denies people for second card onward within 90 days.

idk how true that is because i apped for united explorer card and then 5 days later i apped for CSP but united card was on through the united site when i was buying a ticket and the CSp was at the branch but of course YMMV

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 3 of 13
vish1
Valued Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

In 2011. I got freedom in Feb and Chase BA in March.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 13
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Got my CSP beginning of Oct and my Freedom the end of Oct.  Had to call and recon my Freedom and shuffle some CL from the CSP for them to approve it.  They don't usually approve if it's more than one app per 60 days.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 5 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

I wouldn't recommend anyone try to go on a spree with the same lender. Usually 2-3 cards at the most at one time for most people. If you have exceptional scores and income you can try for more, but otherwise it's best to avoid it. They might think you are getting desperate for credit even when you are not.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 13
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
I wouldn't recommend anyone try to go on a spree with the same lender. Usually 2-3 cards at the most at one time for most people. If you have exceptional scores and income you can try for more, but otherwise it's best to avoid it. They might think you are getting desperate for credit even when you are not.

+1

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 7 of 13
b_seeker
Frequent Contributor

I got two on instant approval back to back. Though I don't know if Chase really counts the Amazon Visa to be honest. . . If you have a strong file, you should be good for at least two-three of them. I would advise against trying for four. You may get them but I can see Chase giving out toy limits/denying at that point. Of course YMMV since I'm sure there are people that nab five at once too. . .

|| Barclaycard Rewards Visa $5500 || AMEX BCE $2000 || Discover IT $3000 || Amazon Rewards Visa $1800 ||
|| Chase Freedom $2700 || CSP $5000 || Chase Marriott Premier $7500 || Sallie Mae MC $3800 ||

FICO Scores: EX 752 (3/13/13) || EQ 782 (10/4/13) || TU 724 (1/18/13)

In the garden as of 10/12/2013
Message 8 of 13
YahComb
Established Contributor

i was able to get sapphire and freedom same day-i had to call verification because of fraud alert-but no recon questions.

EQ-736(08/14) TU-752(09/14)
Newest to Oldest
Barc Sallie Mae 6K | Citi TY Pref 4.5K | US Bank Cash+ 10K | Chase Freedom 11.7K | Disc It 10.5K | Amazon Store 2.5K | BOA Cash Rewards 10.5K |

Closed Cards: 4 Oldest: 3yrs AAOA: 2yrs
Message 9 of 13
enharu
Super Contributor

Also to add, the BA seems about to be discontinued soon. It's taken off chase website. Only way to apply is on BA website. It you are interested in it you should go for it ASAP. My guess though
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.