Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many chase cards can you hold?

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

How many chase cards can you hold?

Hey guys, I read some posts and it seems Chase only allow you to have 4-5 persoanl credit cards with them? Smiley Surprised

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How many chase cards can you hold?

@DavidZeng wrote:

Hey guys, I read some posts and it seems Chase only allow you to have 4-5 persoanl credit cards with them? Smiley Surprised

As many as they can allow you to be approved for and based on the maximum CL threshold they are willing to lend.  I currently have 6.  They used to be ~11 (pre-Bank One, Chemical Bank, WaMu, FCNBD mergers)

Message 2 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

I don't think this is true. I was just reading a blog of a credit card churner who has 9 chase credit cards (granted some of those may be business cards as awell). After 9 cards he started getting denied though. Granted if you are getting a lot of chase cards like that I doubt they will be instant approvals and you will have to start using recon. You can move credit lines between chase personal credit cards which is a positive in case you come up against the internal chase cap on your overall credit limit. Honestly, I don't think I would ever need more than 4 to 5 personal chase cards open at the same time. I'll just close the cards I don't use/ that have served their purpose and move that credit line over to other cards. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Interesting question as Chase has too many excellent cards Smiley Tongue ... anytime I see something interesting it is Chase again...LOL. Glad  I have a lot of time during gardening to think about. Anybody has any idea what the internal limit is compared to income?

Message 4 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

Interesting question as Chase has too many excellent cards Smiley Tongue ... anytime I see something interesting it is Chase again...LOL. Glad  I have a lot of time during gardening to think about. Anybody has any idea what the internal limit is compared to income?

I have no idea, but I suspect it may be a little more complicated than limit to income comparisons. I think things like credit score, payment history with chase, open accounts with chase and length thereof may also play a role in their calculations. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

Unfortunately, that is a very well-guarded lending policy which not many folks would have access to.  Typically once you hit it, you know, but it's not only income-driven.

Message 6 of 18
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Chase has so many lovely hotel cards~ I'd love to get them one by one, but if there is a limit of maximum card # there, I will be sadSmiley Sad With annual free night comes with IHG, Marriott and Hyatt, just dreaming about get them all.Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 18
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

Chase has so many lovely hotel cards~ I'd love to get them one by one, but if there is a limit of maximum card # there, I will be sadSmiley Sad With annual free night comes with IHG, Marriott and Hyatt, just dreaming about get them all.Smiley Sad

lol...same here. I almost apped for the Hyatt today but already have 4 Chase cards that i have been approved all under one year so didnt want to push my luck for the 5th one. will wait till late summer/early fall to go for it then.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 8 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

....oh I am not the only one with these thoughts ?? Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 18
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Unfortunately, that is a very well-guarded lending policy which not many folks would have access to.  Typically once you hit it, you know, but it's not only income-driven.

Thanks Fin.... was just curious to which % Chase would go when overal CL is way above income already (when income is the major factor)...just to find out how many more cards are realistic with Chase for me.... but I will have to find out the hard way I guess.....LOL

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.