Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many chase cards can you hold?

tag
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: How many chase cards can you hold?

I plan to go to Hong Kong again this summer, I'd love to get IHG free night certificate to spend one night at HK Intercontinental, usually cost $500. And use Marriott 70K bonus to get 2 bonus night at $300/night Renaissances Harbor View or 1 night at Ritz usually $600. Smiley Sad I just found AAA member really get additional 
5% off at MarriottSmiley Happy

@lg8302ch wrote:

@DavidZeng wrote:

Chase has so many lovely hotel cards~ I'd love to get them one by one, but if there is a limit of maximum card # there, I will be sadSmiley Sad With annual free night comes with IHG, Marriott and Hyatt, just dreaming about get them all.Smiley Sad

....oh I am not the only one with these thoughts ?? Smiley Tongue

Message 11 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Interesting question as Chase has too many excellent cards Smiley Tongue ... anytime I see something interesting it is Chase again...LOL. Glad  I have a lot of time during gardening to think about. Anybody has any idea what the internal limit is compared to income?

Unfortunately, that is a very well-guarded lending policy which not many folks would have access to.  Typically once you hit it, you know, but it's not only income-driven.

Thanks Fin.... was just curious to which % Chase would go when overal CL is way above income already (when income is the major factor)...just to find out how many more cards are realistic with Chase for me.... but I will have to find out the hard way I guess.....LOL

I think you can squeeze a couple more... LOL.  I am definitely thinking of adding another one (and closing one) before the end of the year.  It will be a toss up of Marriot Premier or Hyatt.

Message 12 of 18
newUser0
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Interesting question as Chase has too many excellent cards Smiley Tongue ... anytime I see something interesting it is Chase again...LOL. Glad  I have a lot of time during gardening to think about. Anybody has any idea what the internal limit is compared to income?

Unfortunately, that is a very well-guarded lending policy which not many folks would have access to.  Typically once you hit it, you know, but it's not only income-driven.

Thanks Fin.... was just curious to which % Chase would go when overal CL is way above income already (when income is the major factor)...just to find out how many more cards are realistic with Chase for me.... but I will have to find out the hard way I guess.....LOL

I think you can squeeze a couple more... LOL.  I am definitely thinking of adding another one (and closing one) before the end of the year.  It will be a toss up of Marriot Premier or Hyatt.

@FinStar  Both are good Cards? Which one you intent to apply by Tossing above?

Message 13 of 18
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

I got all my cards with an income just under $60K and relatively clean file(8yrs, AAoA 2.8yrs). With the exception of the 2 cap1s and NFCU CR Sig, gained all my credit within the last two weeks. But I do believe like others have said, if you really try to extend yourself, you will be denied or will have to recon.

Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 14 of 18
newUser0
Established Contributor

Even my Income is in the same range. I really want to apply for many chase Signature Cards.

I just hope they will not give me a platinum version instead 

Message 15 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@newUser0 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Yes, both are great cards...it will depend on any good sign up offers that would be available once I decide to pull "le trigger"  Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 18
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

Yes, both are great cards...it will depend on any good sign up offers that would be available once I decide to pull "le trigger"  Smiley Tongue

Hope you can still get great Bonus when you shoot!Smiley Tongue

Message 17 of 18
phonic
Contributor

I have two Chase cards - a CSP and IHG. My CLs were $10k and $9100 respectively. My CSP has been my 'go to' card for about a year and a half now, so I called up to get a CLI. In the prior year, I probably pumped about $40k through it. I requested $20k, but they countered with $16k and I accepted. Over the past couple years I did get a couple auto-CLIs as well. Anyway, it appears that my total Chase credit line is about $25k. I say this because they would only increase my CSP up to a combined $25100 credit limit across both cards. 

Also, today I received a 'rejection' letter in the mail. Kind of surprised by this. Anyway, it was saying that they were unable to approve my $20k request but instead gave me the $16k. They cited a few reasons including something along the lines of "you already have the maximum amount of credit lines we are willing to extend at this time." They also had cited a low AAoA (mine is currently about 3 years 11 months). Another reason, which I thought was stupid, was they said my balances were close to my credit lines. First, everything I have is PIF every month. But the only line I have that was anywhere near my CL was my CSP, which was at about $6800 (68%). However, not only should they know I always PIF, but I had already paid that account all off a day prior but it didn't post to my account yet. The reason I gave the CSR for the CLI was because I wanted to keep a good buffer between available and used credit each month. 

Anyway, I was a bit shocked I got such a letter for a CLI request, since I thought these only came for denied applications. Fortunately, it did give me a free EQ FICO score (769).

Limits: PRG=NPSL, CSP=$16k, BCP=$30k, DIT=$15k, USAA=$6k, CDW=$12.5k, IHG=$9k, BBY=$2k, BOA=$13k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.