Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Credit Cards Do YOU have?

tag
HiLine
Blogger

Re: How many credit cards do you have?

Does this count closed tradelines?

I have 14. 13 revolvers and 1 charger. Too many. But I like the number 13. Smiley Happy

Message 461 of 653
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I have 4 with 10.8k total CL.  I use two depending on revolving rewards and one for the other free FICO score to monitor.  That is plenty for me, except, there are 2 more cards that I want for specific reward reasons.  The rewards savings have become a fun hobby to gain a little free money.  Nothing to get rich from, just fun.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 462 of 653
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I have 8 including 1 store card.  Total credit limit is about $43k.  I plan to apply for another card possibly this week and will be closing one for sure in July.  I have too many cards and there not all ones I would choose for my current needs, but I need to keep some of the TLs open for the age of the accounts and for overall credit limits.

Message 463 of 653
Josh2942
Established Contributor

Amex won't PC the blue to everyday. My bud already tried
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 464 of 653
Josh2942
Established Contributor

20 TL at 50k
Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 465 of 653
JKSIMMONS
Regular Contributor

5 cc's at 23.5 k

I plan on nerfing my limits once i'm done paying off my consumer debt.. I don't see a reason to have more than I have now and certainly don't see why people get limits over 60-70k and even into the 6 figures. It seems like the product of the fico system which is crazy in my view but I realize it's a system we are all slave to.  I know all the arguments about having high limits but they don't make sense to me. If you pay in full, you won't run into a utilization issue because....you always pif. I also don't plan on using a cc to pay for an emergency because that is what emergency funds are for. To each their own though. It's just not my cup of tea.

Message 466 of 653
G19OD
Contributor

8 @ $42,700 (including ZYNC NPSL). Naturally, I want more!

Message 467 of 653
ambivalent
Established Contributor

How in the world do you all juggle all of those cards?  I assume many are SD'd...

I currently have 4.... $9,800 in limits.  I think I'd like to get about 20-30K in limits and then be done.  IDK if I trust myself with more than that available haha.

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 468 of 653
sandman2435
Established Contributor

I have 63 Visa ,Mastercards ,And Amex's total credit is 502K..15 Business Cards total credit is 205K..Less than 1% Util.I pay in full

Message 469 of 653
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

15, $60K. Plan on closing 4 accounts by the end of the year

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 470 of 653
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.