How many credit cards

tag
GFer
Valued Contributor

Re: How many credit cards

I'm new but I have:
3 store cards
5 cc

...and all thanks to everyone at myFICO.com!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 26
chris4434
Established Member

I have five - 1 AMEX Gold (did a product change from the Green) 1 Citi MTV U Visa 1 Discover More 1 BOA Platinum Master Card w/ world points 1 Macy's Store Card
Message 22 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@chris4434 wrote:
I have five - 1 AMEX Gold (did a product change from the Green) 1 Citi MTV U Visa 1 Discover More 1 BOA Platinum Master Card w/ world points 1 Macy's Store Card

I'm guessing from the mtvU card that you're still a student, or a recent graduate? That's a great hand of cards to hold. All you have to do is sit back and watch your scores rise.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 26
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:
I have 7 open revolving accounts:

7 cards

Amex Blue

Chase Visa

Discover Motiva

FIA Visa

First Hawaiian Visa

Macy's Gold

1 line of credit

BoA unsecured

Hi fused. I am just curious. With your good credit, is there any particular reason you chose the Motiva?
Here we go again...
Message 24 of 26
chris4434
Established Member

Yep, I'm 19 and currently a college student.
Message 25 of 26
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@chris4434 wrote:
Yep, I'm 19 and currently a college student.

Brace yourself for the "OMG, if I'd only had a clue at your age I'd be 850 across the board" posts! Nice work.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.