cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many credit cards

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Authorized User - Does this come off CR?

@Anonymous-own-fico wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Discover is still reporting the card that I was AU on, even though I've been off since January. (It was DXH's card.) I'm crossing my fingers, because it's my oldest account. Well, it's not really my account, of course, but it's the oldest one on my reports. Shhhh...

But it reports as closed, right? So you get a higher AAoA, but not a in theory potentially high card util.

It's such a major loophole (well, you specifically have earned it). Being AU for just a day is enough. Smiley Very Happy

No, it's still reporting as open, because it is. I'm just off it. However, it hasn't updated since January, so we'll see. This is how it looks on a full EQ report:

157iDF63D837BA74E3B5

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

No, it's still reporting as open, because it is. I'm just off it. However, it hasn't updated since January, so we'll see. This is how it looks on a full EQ report:

157iDF63D837BA74E3B5

What would happen to your length of credit history and AAoA if that TL were to fall off of your EQ report?Smiley Surprised

Message 12 of 14
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@fused wrote:

157iDF63D837BA74E3B5

What would happen to your length of credit history and AAoA if that TL were to fall off of your EQ report?Smiley Surprised

It would be -- will be -- deeply sad.

Next oldest account is a paid-off mortgage, opened in June 1995 and due to fall off in November of next year. Then an auto lease (long done) from 2001, then the current mortgage from 2002. It will be there for 10 years after we finally sell the house or DXH buys me out, so that's OK, unless of course EQ drops it early.

I once ran the numbers to see how much impact the AU card had on my AAoA. I don't remember the number, and I don't want to run it again. Too depressing! Smiley Very Happy

Although the wonders of scoring being what they are, I might even do better, as there wouldn't be such a discrepancy between oldest account and AAoA.

Oh, well. If I find out (the hard way), I'll be sure to let you know! Smiley Wink

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 13 of 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

This is one of the dangers of AU accounts that rarely gets discussed. Losing an old, positive AU account can make a fine mess of your length of credit and AAoA if its your oldest TL. We always seem focused on the all of the negatives with lates and high balances with AU accounts.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.