Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days from app to getting the Oasis Card

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How many days from app to getting the Oasis Card

I have sent my application for Oasis card on 12/20/2007. When do you think  I would get my card. For those of who got your Oasis cards, how long did it take to get your card from the time you sent your app? Also were you able to check the status of application on the online status check on the Oasis website?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many days from app to getting the Oasis Card

concorduser wrote:
I have sent my application for Oasis card on 12/20/2007. When do you think  I would get my card. For those of who got your Oasis cards, how long did it take to get your card from the time you sent your app? Also were you able to check the status of application on the online status check on the Oasis website?

I don't know if you'll be able to see it via website, but I do know it takes two weeks from the receipt of the application for it to process.  So give it to near middle of January. That should be enough time.
Message 2 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks Cynical. As you suggested, I'll wait couple of weeks. Thanks....
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

concorduser wrote:
Thanks Cynical. As you suggested, I'll wait couple of weeks. Thanks....

No prob.  After about mid-January and you don't get a response, if you call in you're definitely going to spend an hour on the phone getting to the right department to get an answer on the processing time.  So you're gonna wanna call the omaha office at amex. They're an outside vendor and they usually work with accounts that have been charged off or are in collections.  They can check on apps.  They can be reached at 888-232-3261.
Message 4 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks Cynical. I'll wait couple of weeks. I talked to their Omaha office this morning. They said the same thing. Wait two weeks and if I dont hear any thing then give them a call. Also they said they will go ahead and send out another application today to me with the right code and other information, just to be sure. Only thing confuses me when we call Amex app line they dont seem to have any idea as to what the Oasis Program is. When we talk to Collection office they say I have to followup with Amex Application line. What ever, I waited so many years, 'll wait couple of more weeks. I really hoped it could be a Christmas Gift for my self. I guess it is ok though it is little bit late.
Message 5 of 9
mandi
Established Member

I am going to app the Oasis program, but I am just curious what everyone's situation is regarding their own Amex accounts.  How long have tey been defualted, charged off, in collections, etc.?  What are your scores?  Are there certain criteria for the Oasis program?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mandi wrote:
I am going to app the Oasis program, but I am just curious what everyone's situation is regarding their own Amex accounts. How long have tey been defualted, charged off, in collections, etc.? What are your scores? Are there certain criteria for the Oasis program?

I just paid off a Green card debt, which was charged-off by AMEX in 2004. They were very nice about it when I called them.. and offered me the "Oasis" Optima if I paid the entire past due balance. It's my understanding that AMEX doesn't send their charge-off accounts to outside collection agencies. They simply black-list you until you pay them off.

Criteria for the Oasis program: 1) No bankruptcy on record, and 2) No other existing AMEX accounts open.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@mandi wrote:
I am going to app the Oasis program, but I am just curious what everyone's situation is regarding their own Amex accounts. How long have tey been defualted, charged off, in collections, etc.? What are your scores? Are there certain criteria for the Oasis program?

I just paid off a Green card debt, which was charged-off by AMEX in 2004. They were very nice about it when I called them.. and offered me the "Oasis" Optima if I paid the entire past due balance. It's my understanding that AMEX doesn't send their charge-off accounts to outside collection agencies. They simply black-list you until you pay them off.

Criteria for the Oasis program: 1) No bankruptcy on record, and 2) No other existing AMEX accounts open.

Additional criteria is that you must pay entire delinquent balance in order to receive the application.
Message 8 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

We might as well add to this thread, 
"Once you sign up for the Oasis Card, you will not be eligible for any other cards with Amex. Check wtih Amex, what is their policy about the new cards from them if you have Oasis card with them. Until they give you correct answer, do not pay them a penny. Once you hear the answer then if it is acceptable then proceed with the program."
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.