cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many days weeks should your app spree be for?

tag
glamchick
Established Contributor

How many days weeks should your app spree be for?

I couldnt find this question in the forums.  How long should your app spree last?  I was assuming 1 week?  Mine started last Friday and Im still researching other cards I might want to app for.   Should my cut off 1 week?  I've already been dinged for the inquiries. And some are already reporting on my credit report which is good for my uti. I've applied for 7-8 so far.

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sreneesa
Frequent Contributor

Re: How many days weeks should your app spree be for?

Never thought of it as a time frame. 

If I want a card, and can take the hard pull without being sad, lol, then I app. 

Some like to do their apping within a short time frame so they can age together. 

You said you app'ed for 7-8 cards already....do not know if you got approved for all or some but I'd garden if I were you. For me that many hits in a weeks time would make me sick. lol.... but like I said above, if it doesn't make you sad, then do what you do. 

Message 2 of 6
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@glamchick wrote:

I couldnt find this question in the forums.  How long should your app spree last?  I was assuming 1 week?  Mine started last Friday and Im still researching other cards I might want to app for.   Should my cut off 1 week?  I've already been dinged for the inquiries. And some are already reporting on my credit report which is good for my uti. I've applied for 7-8 so far.

7 or 8 is more than enough. I'd quit while I was ahead if I were you. Garden and let the new cards age. You will probably start seeing denials shortly after that many new accounts.

Inquiries are reported almost immediately nowadays so there is not much difference in terms of waiting a few days or a week. The only real difference is when the actual new accounts report, which varies wildly. Some of your 8 accounts may already be on your report and others may take two or three months.

In any case, I'd stop for now.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Glam,

We have the same problem....

We should really do all our research before the spree.

I always have problems with the orider of operation.

Message 4 of 6
glamchick
Established Contributor

Thanks for the advice everyone!  I am not apping anymore.  It was soooo much fun though!

I understand Julie... I app'd for the ones I thought would accept me first.  Then I was shocked at the approvals so I started going bigger.   

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@glamchick wrote:

Thanks for the advice everyone!  I am not apping anymore.  It was soooo much fun though!

I understand Julie... I app'd for the ones I thought would accept me first.  Then I was shocked at the approvals so I started going bigger.   

Exactly...

Rejected..change of plans

Approved...bigger plans

But always interesting

Good luck

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.