cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?

Valued Contributor

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?

After reading about GE putting 90 day holds on ALL related accounts...I think I'll stop asking them for CLIs...well after I get my Walmart Discover card to 6k. Lol.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
New Contributor

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?

bump

Life is about decisions good ones and bad ones, we will prosper when we make more good ones than bad ones.
Valued Member

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?

I have the American Eagle store card. Opened in August 2005, was decreased from $1500 to $100 in December 2008, back up to $400, but can't get it passed that nor am I able to get the VISA. Sucks. Might close it, but it's one of my oldest. Ugh.
Old Navy store card. Opened June 2013. $300 limit.
PayPal Smart Connect. Opened June 2013. $300 limit.
Not sure when to ask for increases on those last two. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
AE $400, First Premier Centennial MC $450, First Premier Platinum MC $700, Orchard Bank MC (now Capital One) $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Target $500, Capital One MTV Visa $1000, Merrick Bank Visa $1200, PayPal SC $300, Old Navy $300, Torrid $250, Amazon $600, Roaman's $250, GAP $200, HSN $500, Nordstrom $500, JCPenney $500, QVC $500, Kohl's $300, Victoria's Secret $350, J Crew $500, Express $500, Ann Taylor/LOFT $500, The Avenue $250, CareCredit $800, AU on Walmart $600
As of 2/2014 Merrick Bank FICO 618 Equifax 633 Credit Karma 576
Moderator

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?


musicon1110 wrote:

Old Navy store card. Opened June 2013. $300 limit.
PayPal Smart Connect. Opened June 2013. $300 limit.
Not sure when to ask for increases on those last two. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

After the 4th statement (November?)



Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 791 (TU08, 10/26/17)
Sam's Club MC $25000 | Marvel MC $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 | AMEX BCE $20400 | Discover IT $20000 | Macy's Store $20000 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | BoA BBR #1 $17200 | JCP $15000 | Citi DC $12600 | Freedom VS $12000 | BofA BBR #2 $11800 | Disney VS $11500 | Care Credit MC $11200 | Cash+ VS $10500 | CashForward WMC $10000 | Barclay Rewards WMC $10000 | WCU Visa $10000 | Amazon Store $8000 | Blispay $7500 | Sony Card $4250 | Target MC $4000 | Costco Anywhere $3200 | ~~Gardening Since 11/2/17
Valued Member

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?

@SunriseEarth 4th statements will come out around mid September, do you think that's too soon? I'm itching to try now but I only heard one person say they had luck on 3rd statement. Decisions decisions.
AE $400, First Premier Centennial MC $450, First Premier Platinum MC $700, Orchard Bank MC (now Capital One) $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Target $500, Capital One MTV Visa $1000, Merrick Bank Visa $1200, PayPal SC $300, Old Navy $300, Torrid $250, Amazon $600, Roaman's $250, GAP $200, HSN $500, Nordstrom $500, JCPenney $500, QVC $500, Kohl's $300, Victoria's Secret $350, J Crew $500, Express $500, Ann Taylor/LOFT $500, The Avenue $250, CareCredit $800, AU on Walmart $600
As of 2/2014 Merrick Bank FICO 618 Equifax 633 Credit Karma 576
Moderator

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?


musicon1110 wrote:
@SunriseEarth 4th statements will come out around mid September, do you think that's too soon? I'm itching to try now but I only heard one person say they had luck on 3rd statement. Decisions decisions.

My understanding is that GE is like clockwork about every 4th statement.  I've only hit the LUV button once with my JCP back in June (opened TL in Nov 2012)...went from $250 to $750.  I'm not trying again on JCP until after Oct statement posts.



Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 791 (TU08, 10/26/17)
Sam's Club MC $25000 | Marvel MC $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 | AMEX BCE $20400 | Discover IT $20000 | Macy's Store $20000 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | BoA BBR #1 $17200 | JCP $15000 | Citi DC $12600 | Freedom VS $12000 | BofA BBR #2 $11800 | Disney VS $11500 | Care Credit MC $11200 | Cash+ VS $10500 | CashForward WMC $10000 | Barclay Rewards WMC $10000 | WCU Visa $10000 | Amazon Store $8000 | Blispay $7500 | Sony Card $4250 | Target MC $4000 | Costco Anywhere $3200 | ~~Gardening Since 11/2/17
Highlighted
Valued Member

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?

@SunriseEarth "LUV" my mistake. Newbie. hahaha. Thank you for that advice! I've been reading a lot of different opinions about the way GE works with customer initiated cli's. Nice increase on your JCP card btw! I've been trying to get one but I think I'm blacklisted. Oh, well. So, I'll try after 4th statement comes out around Setember 19th. I'll let you know, and come October let me know if you got more luv on your JCP!
AE $400, First Premier Centennial MC $450, First Premier Platinum MC $700, Orchard Bank MC (now Capital One) $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Capital One QuicksilverOne $750, Target $500, Capital One MTV Visa $1000, Merrick Bank Visa $1200, PayPal SC $300, Old Navy $300, Torrid $250, Amazon $600, Roaman's $250, GAP $200, HSN $500, Nordstrom $500, JCPenney $500, QVC $500, Kohl's $300, Victoria's Secret $350, J Crew $500, Express $500, Ann Taylor/LOFT $500, The Avenue $250, CareCredit $800, AU on Walmart $600
As of 2/2014 Merrick Bank FICO 618 Equifax 633 Credit Karma 576
Moderator

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?


musicon1110 wrote:
@SunriseEarth "LUV" my mistake. Newbie. hahaha. Thank you for that advice! I've been reading a lot of different opinions about the way GE works with customer initiated cli's. Nice increase on your JCP card btw! I've been trying to get one but I think I'm blacklisted. Oh, well. So, I'll try after 4th statement comes out around Setember 19th. I'll let you know, and come October let me know if you got more luv on your JCP!

Thanks!  I remember the moment it was approved...and I was thrilled!

I easily got $700 when I opened Amazon on 7/21, but only got $300 at WalMart on 8/9.  Maybe GE got nervous.  But if I use those cards right and treat them well, I expect good CLIs.  I've been very happy with GE in my rebuild process and while some people further along their career path gripe about their APRs, the GE rates are still lower than my rebuider cards (Credit One and Merrick).



Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 791 (TU08, 10/26/17)
Sam's Club MC $25000 | Marvel MC $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 | AMEX BCE $20400 | Discover IT $20000 | Macy's Store $20000 | Cap 1 QS WMC $17250 | BoA BBR #1 $17200 | JCP $15000 | Citi DC $12600 | Freedom VS $12000 | BofA BBR #2 $11800 | Disney VS $11500 | Care Credit MC $11200 | Cash+ VS $10500 | CashForward WMC $10000 | Barclay Rewards WMC $10000 | WCU Visa $10000 | Amazon Store $8000 | Blispay $7500 | Sony Card $4250 | Target MC $4000 | Costco Anywhere $3200 | ~~Gardening Since 11/2/17
Established Contributor

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?


maiden_girl wrote:

After reading about GE putting 90 day holds on ALL related accounts...I think I'll stop asking them for CLIs...well after I get my Walmart Discover card to 6k. Lol.


90 day holds from CLI requests? Whats this all about? Never heard about this?

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Senior Contributor

Re: How many gecrb cards do you have? Limits. Cli's?


shane82388 wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

After reading about GE putting 90 day holds on ALL related accounts...I think I'll stop asking them for CLIs...well after I get my Walmart Discover card to 6k. Lol.


90 day holds from CLI requests? Whats this all about? Never heard about this?


Yup - it's happening.  There's been a few recent threads by individuals' whose GECRB accounts were either frozen or closed due to AA of some sort.