cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many inquries OK for AMEX and Chase apps?

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How many inquries OK for AMEX and Chase apps?

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

The bulk of your inq's will be more than a year old when you all.  Personally, I don't see a problem with inq's. 

I think Lexie mentioned when you *apply*...Smiley Wink

OP was asking about when he applies to begin with.  

IWOL, you will be fine.  People are approved with many more inquiries.

Message 11 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

The bulk of your inq's will be more than a year old when you all.  Personally, I don't see a problem with inq's. 

B335is - I don't think you got the point.  Re-read... it was a play on words from a slight mispelling above...

Message 12 of 16
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

B335is - I don't think you got the point.  Re-read... it was a play on words from a slight mispelling above...

Thanks FinStar- it's been corrected. 

Message 13 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Yes I got the point.  IWOL never said he/she was applying with 19 inquiries, that's just what he/she has now and will have the number underlined below when they decide to app:

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@IWOL wrote:

My scores are now in the upper 600's.....EX 680, TU 682 and EQ 690. That is with 35% util and way to many cards reporting a balance. 14 out of 16. Im not apping for anything right now so I havent been worried about cards reporting a balance.

By May of 2014 I will have my Util down to 9% and I will make sure only 1 card reports a balance. I figure my scores should be in the 720 to 750 range once I do that. My AAoA will have hit 3 years in April and I will only have 2 accounts less than 1 year old and those 2 will be 6 months old in May.

I would like to apply for an AMEX charge card as well as the CSP around May or June. My biggest problem is inquiries. I only have 3 on EQ and 2 on TU but 19 on EX.

I applied with too many EX pullers too early in my rebuild, big mistake.

By May 2014 4 will fall off and there will be 15 left with 13 of them being more than a year old at that time. So it will only be 2 in the last year.

Do I need to wait untill I have fewer over the last 2 years, since those will still show on my CR?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Ouch YMMV but you're a little high IMHO

+1

An item to keep in mind, inquiries or scores will not be the only factors that AMEX will consider.  Granted, those 2 play a big part but it's a YEMV situation.  Only way to know is when you apply.

Message 14 of 16
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Message 15 of 16
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Yes I got the point.  IWOL never said he/she was applying with 19 inquiries, that's just what he/she has now and will have the number underlined below when they decide to app:

No one is disagreeing with you.  No need to keep pushing this point if you're getting the point above (i.e. you're agreeing).

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.