Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many is too many acct w/same bank?

tag
Eric958
Established Contributor

How many is too many acct w/same bank?

I have a mortgage and 2 small loans. 1st bal 900, 2nd bal 6900. I'm thinking about apping for their cc. {hoping for a nice CL so I can BT and do all my banking in one place. Do you think 4 accts would be asking or too much????

Never Give Up!!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How many is too many acct w/same bank?

not at all... some banks love you to have all your accounts in one place.
edit... im sure all banks love you to have all your banking in one place if that's what you qualify for!

Message Edited by Creditaddict on 07-28-2008 02:28 PM
Message 2 of 6
Eric958
Established Contributor

Well I just gave it a shot! They don't do instants on-line so we'll see.....

E!

Never Give Up!!
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think all banks want you to have as many accounts as possible with them.

I personally have 2 checking, 1 savings, and 2 credit cards at my bank, and I know they would love me to get a mortgage with them, if I qualified.
Message 4 of 6
islandchild82
Frequent Contributor

I agree that four accounts with one bank isn't too many, especially if you have a good relationship with them.

I would make sure, though, to have access to credit with another bank just in case anything happened. You don't want all your eggs in one basket, as they say.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

well said-

islandchild82 wrote:
I agree that four accounts with one bank isn't too many, especially if you have a good relationship with them.

I would make sure, though, to have access to credit with another bank just in case anything happened. You don't want all your eggs in one basket, as they say.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.