cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many metal cards does chase have?

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

Re: How many metal cards does chase have?

@Revelate wrote:

I also think the percentage of cards that get lost or stolen likely erodes any savings as well.

Don't know if I completely understand the fuss regarding metal cards, but may wind up eventually with the CSP instead of my current BOFA Travel Rewards (since I still have my old secured card AF attached to it) and my restaurant spend even half a year covers it points wise... but maybe that changes next year with mortgage.  

Admittedly there are worse problems to have hehe.

FWP, lol.

Message 31 of 35
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

United Club is all metal.  

Do you know if the United Club card is the exact same material as the CSP? They feel the same?

Message 32 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SuperKirby wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

Do you know if the United Club card is the exact same material as the CSP? They feel the same?

Same material - feels the same to me.

As Revelate pointed out earlier, and just my opinion, I really don't see what the big fuss is about metal cards.  Ok, some individuals are "star struck" with the "bling" or  flash factor or perhaps to distinguish some elitist status (besides the feel of the card) perhaps to impress.  Honestly, most people you present the card for payment could care less.  Admittedly, it is nice, but as long as it functions as intended (i.e. acceptance, rewards, upgrades, etc.) then it serves its main purpose.

Unless you plan to hang it like a badge to display for the world to see, it mainly sits in your wallet for the duration of its life.  Again, just my .02c.

Message 33 of 35
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

As Revelate pointed out earlier, and just my opinion, I really don't see what the big fuss is about metal cards.  Ok, some individuals are "star struck" with the "bling" or  flash factor or perhaps to distinguish some elitist status (besides the feel of the card) perhaps to impress.  Honestly, most people you present the card for payment could care less.  Admittedly, it is nice, but as long as it functions as intended (i.e. acceptance, rewards, upgrades, etc.) then it serves its main purpose.

Unless you plan to hang it like a badge to display for the world to see, it mainly sits in your wallet for the duration of its life.  Again, just my .02c.

I would say that is the general consensus' feelings as well. I doubt anyone likes the metal card soley for it's "bling", probably <1%. For me, it's nice not to have to replace your plastic card every 6 months. I have one of those really thin wallets (by Tumi, which i love btw), more like a small 3-4 credit card holder thing that i put in my front pocket. When i sit down, it creates a slight bend (depending on the jeans im wearing) each time. At 4-5 months, the card sometimes doesn't work well. At 6-7 months, the card is pretty much destoryed. My CSP metal card has actually been HELPING my other plastic cards and Driver's license. Now I highly value having a nice strong metal card.

Message 34 of 35
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SuperKirby wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

@visorboy1974 wrote:

I would say that is the general consensus' feelings as well. I doubt anyone likes the metal card soley for it's "bling", probably <1%. For me, it's nice not to have to replace your plastic card every 6 months. I have one of those really thin wallets (by Tumi, which i love btw), more like a small 3-4 credit card holder thing that i put in my front pocket. When i sit down, it creates a slight bend (depending on the jeans im wearing) each time. At 4-5 months, the card sometimes doesn't work well. At 6-7 months, the card is pretty much destoryed. My CSP metal card has actually been HELPING my other plastic cards and Driver's license. Now I highly value having a nice strong metal card.

Yes, I can definitely see it from that practical purpose, especially if the wallet is thinner.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.