Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many new accounts is too many for AMEX

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: How many new accounts is too many for AMEX

@Anonymous wrote:
Amex hasn't blinked yet.  They soft me every month or so. 

That's them blinking.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let's see... just paid them in FULL on the charge (not just the balance due but what would have been due next month also)  OWE THEM NO MONEY at all... so if they want to get crappy they can -- I have other cards including AU on DH's AmEx so they can AA or FR me all they want... they will be told to pound sand and close the cards.

5 new accounts (with 5 figure CLs) in 3 months - yes I am expecting AmEx to get nasty - but I don't need them -- they need me (someone who pays and does not carry balances).  They are not my 'card of choice' and if I lost use of it tomorrow - it would be 'no sweat'.

Checked the account this morning - still "no pre-set" on the charge.  Haven't touched the revolver either (zero balance).

Message 12 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Well, my 11 month 18 day old Amex Blue syill has its CL intact  Smiley Happy

Is there a "fingers crossed" smilie? 

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 13 of 16
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

5 new accounts (with 5 figure CLs) in 3 months - yes I am expecting AmEx to get nasty - but I don't need them -- they need me (someone who pays and does not carry balances). 

I tend to subscribe to that methodology myself. I run a lot of money through my Amex Platinum and rarely touch the Clear. They need people like me so they can at least keep the transaction fee and AF revenue coming in. 

Here we go again...
Message 14 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

These days, who knows.  I would make sure the AE account is PIF before I would apply for another card.  One of the many reasons I stay clear of AE.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 15 of 16
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

MidnightVoice wrote:

Well, my 11 month 18 day old Amex Blue syill has its CL intact  Smiley Happy

Is there a "fingers crossed" smilie? 

Uh huh, just remember my CLD from amex came on week 51.  Hold your breath for a few more days.  Smiley Happy

Then again, after opening my Delta Gold in Sept 07 I went on to open a Cap 1, BofA Amex, Discover, Mortgage, Car Lease, Furniture acct (CFL), and probably something I'm forgetting.  After the CLD I threw caution to the wind and app'd for an Amex Green.  Got it w/o much drama. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.