cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many people got their CL restored from BOA/FIA Cards?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How many people got their CL restored from BOA/FIA Cards?

I am trying to see if I can have my CR restored after the recent CLD. How many of you were successful in getting their CL's restored by BOA/FIA after the CLD?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
cabana7
Valued Member

Re: How many people got their CL restored from BOA/FIA Cards?

Got mine restored (was difficult) but I know they don't like a balance and I was told if you carry a balance it should be about 20% or less...I am also a stockholder (don't know if that matters)
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

They told me to decrease number of cards with balances to 3.
Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

They increased my BOA card from $1200 to $3000 which is still less than 50% of original CL of $7100. My FIA card is still at $2100 which is $5K less than the original limit of $7100. Oh well. I am not going to loose my sleep over it for now.
Message 4 of 6
Want2BDebtFreeNow
New Contributor

I was able to get them to restore my last credit line decline. They have been chasing my balance and I finally got tired of it. They said that my utl was too high, i told them that I have paid over 8k in the last year but because they keep chasing like other cards it does not look like I am making any progress.  After explaining why I have been only paying the minimum on the card (lowest interest rate) I agreed to make rather large payments that will have my account paid within 1 1/2 years and they agreed to reinstate my cl and not lower it.  Not sure if it helps but I have not charged anything on the card in about 2 years now. I did not have any luck with getting to reinstate my other BOFA card they closed after PIF.
As of 11/14/2012 EQ: 672

5 inqs in the last year - October 25, 2012, July 05, 2012, July 03, 2012, June 18, 2012, February 16, 2012

(Report reads them as 3) Your applications for credit in the past year
3 inquiries

Last account opened June 2012

Average age of your accounts
6 years

Number of your accounts with a missed payment
0 accounts

Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits
82% (Ouch)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My brother was cut from $12k to $6k.  I convinced him to call backdoor and request and explanation.  They initially said there was nothing they could do and that it was due to his BK in 2000. 

After 20 or so minutes and not accepting anything not corroborated and explained, they finally restored his full $12k.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.