cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many "premium" travel cards do you really use?

tag
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Re: How many "premium" travel cards do you really use?

I have the Marriott, SPG, Citi AA and Southwest airline cards, as well as the PRG.  I got them all within the last year so I'm still in the bonus point phase for all of them.  Good news is that I have 2 long trips this summer, Chicago and New York, as well as flying both kids home for summer, and I will be out of pocket about $167 for the airline/hotel portions.  So for this year at least they are all serving me well.

I will keep the Southwest, Marriott and PRG.  Will see what happens with SPG since the merger.  Citi AA will be PC'd to something else since AA is a MR transfer partner.

PRG is the card I am using now for non-category spend, so I find it most useful.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 21 of 24
Open123
Super Contributor

OP - Sorry for the minor off-topic question, but I didn't want to start a new thread since it's related to premium cards.

For the Prestige, do I need to call them to apply my CitiGold discount on the annual fee?  Or, is this automatic?  Thanks!

Message 22 of 24
nitrov
Established Contributor

No worries! I wish I knew but I'm a newbie to Citi. I'm sure someone on here knows the answer!
My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 23 of 24
shinedown87
Regular Contributor

I recently got the Citi Prestige and a few weeks (3-4 weeks) after I got my card, I got a letter in the mail explaining the lower annual fee due to having CitiGold. I didn't have to do anything, it was automatic.
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.