cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times you can get EQ updated score with myfico score watch per month ?

tag
vngouiowa
Valued Member

How many times you can get EQ updated score with myfico score watch per month ?

hi all,

I have just bought myfico score watch for EQ (3 months -14.95$/month)but i am not quite sure about how often can we check to see updated score ? I also register score watch in EQ website and i can submit to see updated score for EQ every day if i want. And it is free each time i want to see EQ updated. It is confuse when i login on myFico score watch and i see "buy today'score" -> is it mean that i have to pay each day if i want to see updated score ?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: How many times you can get EQ updated score with myfico score watch per month ?

You get 2 free daily updates with score watch and after that it's 14.99 to see an updated score.  SW was useless to me as it rarely updated in my case.  Personally hated the service tried to get my money back after 3 days but they said no.  So I kept the service for 3 mo's as the rep I spoke to said it would cancel after 3 mo's.  3 mo's came and it never canceled and they charged me for the next mo. Called back in and a couple of days later I got an email saying I would be refunded.  Still haven't been refunded and I don't recommend the service.  SW does not update immediately and only updated twice ;in the 3 mo's I had it.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 2 of 10
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Re: How many times you can get EQ updated score with myfico score watch per month ?

Correctio nis 13.99 for an updated SW, and 2 free updates each year.

Message 3 of 10
lithium78
Established Contributor

In your settings, set your notification with your current EQ score, then whenever it changes from that score it will notify you with the new score.  That way you can get continuous coverage of changes in your score without paying extra for an entire report.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Yep did that it never worked!

Message 5 of 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@migliogiorni wrote:

You get 2 free daily updates with score watch and after that it's 14.99 to see an updated score.  SW was useless to me as it rarely updated in my case.  Personally hated the service tried to get my money back after 3 days but they said no.  So I kept the service for 3 mo's as the rep I spoke to said it would cancel after 3 mo's.  3 mo's came and it never canceled and they charged me for the next mo. Called back in and a couple of days later I got an email saying I would be refunded.  Still haven't been refunded and I don't recommend the service.  SW does not update immediately and only updated twice ;in the 3 mo's I had it.

What are these "2 free DAILY updates" you are referring too? I think what your actually talking about it how SW gives you 2 free Score Power Reports EACH YEaR and then you can purchase them at a 30% discount, which is pretty good IMO. SW has been absolutely fantastic for me. It has showed a change in my score every time I expected one and sometimes even when I didn't. Plus you get a weekly update of your score, whether there have been any changes to your Credit profile or not. You can set your goal score to your current score to get the most up to date score possible too. I've also had 2 different lenders pull the EXACT same score as SW showed at the time.  I would definitely recommend SW as is has been pretty great. I still have my subscription.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 10
vngouiowa
Valued Member

@gettnthere wrote:

@migliogiorni wrote:

What are these "2 free DAILY updates" you are referring too? I think what your actually talking about it how SW gives you 2 free Score Power Reports EACH YEaR and then you can purchase them at a 30% discount, which is pretty good IMO. SW has been absolutely fantastic for me. It has showed a change in my score every time I expected one and sometimes even when I didn't. Plus you get a weekly update of your score, whether there have been any changes to your Credit profile or not. You can set your goal score to your current score to get the most up to date score possible too. I've also had 2 different lenders pull the EXACT same score as SW showed at the time.  I would definitely recommend SW as is has been pretty great. I still have my subscription.

Did you buy Score Power Reports 30% discount ? How does it work ? Can i get updated score every day ?

Message 7 of 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@vngouiowa wrote:

@gettnthere wrote:

@migliogiorni wrote:

Did you buy Score Power Reports 30% discount ? How does it work ? Can i get updated score every day ?

I actually have NOT bought any additional reports, as I still have one free score report left. after your intial 2 free reports anually, You can purchase the additional ones at the 30% discount pretty easily from what I understand. I honestly don't think you can get a "daily" update here on SW. but there are plenty of cases where you will receive a SW alert such as: A balance increase on one of your accounts will trigger an alert, new Inq's, new accts, etc will get you a SW alert with your current EQ fico. Also, You will receive a SW alert weekly to show any changes in your score.

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 8 of 10
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

The update settings give you a couple of ways to see updates more often:

I change the setting for my target to one point higher than my current score.

Set the balance increase to 5% (smallest you can set it)

Set the balance increase larger than $5 (smallest)

New activity in an account to 3 months

These changes will increase the frequency you get updates.  Particularly for positive changes. 

Ideally, MyFICO should update you ANY time your score changes in either direction.  

But this is the system we have to deal with.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 9 of 10
GregB
Valued Contributor

Scorewatch updates according to the parameters that you set for triggers. One of those is a score change but it should be obvious that they don't calculate your score every day and notify you if it changes.

One of the issues with a real score is that it costs money to generate one. Equifax can give away a report and their score every day is that the score doesn't cost anything.

There is no monitoring service that gives you a daily score update that is worth anything. Two EQ FICO reports in a year plus score updates when a trigger is met are worth far, far more than a useless score that you can pull 365 times in a year.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.