How many to app for at a time?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: How many to app for at a time?

Well, better than two Sallie Maes....

Depending on credit history and how much work you want to do, consider:

http://www.tdbank.com/personalcreditcard/cashrewardscard.html

This is 5% cash back without limit but only for 6 months.  However, word is that once you close it for two months, you can get another as a "new" customer and get 6 more months, meaning that a couple could always have one active.   If you don't have an account, you do need to go to a branch to open, which might be an issue depending on where you live.   Wells Fargo has a similar card, but it's not clear you can "renew" that.

Message 21 of 24
Linear23
Valued Member

Probably a stupid question but, is the sallie Mae card connected with the student loans? I have student loans on deferment with sallie Mae so I don't know if that will hurt my chances.

And yes, I do have a SO! But my SO has horrible credit so I would need to do all of this myself.
Message 22 of 24
cjc343
Valued Member

Can't speak to how it affects your chances, but one of the rebate options is to use it towards payment on a student loan.

https://www.salliemae.com/landing/WorldCreditCard/

Message 23 of 24
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Linear23 wrote:
Probably a stupid question but, is the sallie Mae card connected with the student loans? I have student loans on deferment with sallie Mae so I don't know if that will hurt my chances.

And yes, I do have a SO! But my SO has horrible credit so I would need to do all of this myself.

Apparently someone with a 654 score obtained a Sallie Mae, so its not all that exclusive to get.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.