cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much CLI should I ask from Chase?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Re: How much CLI should I ask from Chase?

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to ask Chase for a CLI accross my 3 cards, I sent them a secure message requesting my two other cards to be increased to match my sapphire at 6k.. However, they didn't pull yet so I'm thinking if I should ask for more to get countered.

How much should I request?

Also, would you recommend me asking for the CLI on one card and then reallocating it accross the cards or should I request on all?

Income: 145k/yr

Score: Should be somewhere in low 700s due to recent inquiries.

How long have you had your Chase accounts? Did you app for all Chase cards at the same time or within a short period of time ?  I am asking because I am a bit surprised about the limits they gave you with this kind of income. I am only making a fraction and Chase has given me high limits on card 2 and 3 but I spaced out my 3 apps over 18 months. Ask for any amount you need... Chase has given me total CLs on these 3 cards of more than 50% of my income just as a reference Smiley Happy

At the time I didn't have any credit cards, so I'm still rather new to credit. I just got my first cards 3 months ago lol, I apped the sapphire 2 days ago and they gave me 6k.

Anyway, I'd like to just get these upped now because I'm not planning on doing anymore apps/inqs for 2 years. I don't necessarily need the CLI but I'd like to get them since I already took hits this week. I want to have a clean and strong profile for when I apply for a loan for investment properties 2 years down the line.

I do not know what to recommend because my experience with Chase Freedom and CLI was a nightmare after 6 months... 1 had a 4K starting limit and requested a CLI after 6 months because I wanted a 5K limit to ask for a Siggy card after 13 months and here the result of my CLI request: Double pull on EX and EQ and a whopping 500$ increase to 4,5K which I asked to reverse because it was a joke for a double pull Smiley Sad ..  So I decided to app for a new card and got 16K on the Marriott and simply moved 1K to Freedom.  I  do not get Chase CLI policy... small CLI of 500$ on existing account  but on the other hand give out a new account with 16K ???  For me I know I will never ask for a CLI on a Chase account and rather app for a new card and distribute the CL afterwards if need.  Hope you have better luck with CLI on new Chase accounts. Do you happen to know your internal score with Chase?  Mine was 671 at that time when Fico was 790-800 EQ/EX

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to ask Chase for a CLI accross my 3 cards, I sent them a secure message requesting my two other cards to be increased to match my sapphire at 6k.. However, they didn't pull yet so I'm thinking if I should ask for more to get countered.

How much should I request?

Also, would you recommend me asking for the CLI on one card and then reallocating it accross the cards or should I request on all?

Income: 145k/yr

Score: Should be somewhere in low 700s due to recent inquiries.

How long have you had your Chase accounts? Did you app for all Chase cards at the same time or within a short period of time ?  I am asking because I am a bit surprised about the limits they gave you with this kind of income. I am only making a fraction and Chase has given me high limits on card 2 and 3 but I spaced out my 3 apps over 18 months. Ask for any amount you need... Chase has given me total CLs on these 3 cards of more than 50% of my income just as a reference Smiley Happy

At the time I didn't have any credit cards, so I'm still rather new to credit. I just got my first cards 3 months ago lol, I apped the sapphire 2 days ago and they gave me 6k.

Anyway, I'd like to just get these upped now because I'm not planning on doing anymore apps/inqs for 2 years. I don't necessarily need the CLI but I'd like to get them since I already took hits this week. I want to have a clean and strong profile for when I apply for a loan for investment properties 2 years down the line.

I do not know what to recommend because my experience with Chase Freedom and CLI was a nightmare after 6 months... 1 had a 4K starting limit and requested a CLI after 6 months because I wanted a 5K limit to ask for a Siggy card after 13 months and here the result of my CLI request: Double pull on EX and EQ and a whopping 500$ increase to 4,5K which I asked to reverse because it was a joke for a double pull Smiley Sad ..  So I decided to app for a new card and got 16K on the Marriott and simply moved 1K to Freedom.  I  do not get Chase CLI policy... small CLI of 500$ on existing account  but on the other hand give out a new account with 16K ???  For me I know I will never ask for a CLI on a Chase account and rather app for a new card and distribute the CL afterwards if need.  Hope you have better luck with CLI on new Chase accounts. Do you happen to know your internal score with Chase?  Mine was 671 at that time when Fico was 790-800 EQ/EX

is it included in the approval letter? I haven't received it yet, when I applied 3 months ago it was mid 700s, where do I check the internal score?

I hope they don't go pull happy on me lol

Message 12 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

For me it was listed in the letter with the reasons of why not granting the full CLI... Chase referenced it as Application Score but pulled EX and EQ. The reasons were too many new accounts compared to the total number of accounts (at that time 5 new accounts out of 7 total) and I have to admit it was a valid reason. Today Chase is the lender with highest exposure because they have sooooo many nice cards and I am still interested in other Chase cards...lol.. but need to lay low after what I read from Enharu's experience.

Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I really want the ritz but the annual isn't worth it to me since I never stay there lol. What happened to Enharu?
Message 14 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree. I really want the ritz but the annual isn't worth it to me since I never stay there lol. What happened to Enharu?

He has been on a roller coaster with Chase closing - reopening / CLD - closing - reopening his Chase accounts...there is a long thread but I can't find it anymore.

Message 15 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

He has been on a roller coaster with Chase closing - reopening / CLD - closing - reopening his Chase accounts...there is a long thread but I can't find it anymore.

Yup.

Basically, Chase closed my accounts immediately after I applied and got approved for the Palladium. They cited too much available credit, most of which were accumulated over a mere span of 18 months, and also too many credit inquiries. I had around 15 then, about half or more were >1 year old. It was my fault because I did go crazy with the apps and CLI requests. However, they could have just declined me for the Palladium too instead of approving me for 100k. So basically two different analysts had different opinions of risk.

Anyhow, I eventually jumped through several hoops, and EO, which talked to lending services on my behalf, managed to get my accounts reopened. No CLDs. I closed the Chase Amazon, and I also closed out several non-Chase accounts and also did a voluntary CLD on some others just to make things a little "better". 

Then everything was nice and rosy until a stupid finance manager at Valencia BMW put in a credit app for the BMW card without me noticing. Once Chase saw the new account report, all my Chase accounts were immediately closed. Took BMW over a month to remove the inquiry and new account from my CR, which Chase then reinstated the accounts.

So yes. It's been crazy Smiley Happy

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 16 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

no harm in trying, will let you guys know how it goes when I find out in the morning

heh

Yeap I agree. there's really no harm at all if you don't have a lot of inquiries. 

An additional inquiry will drop your score by only 2-5 points, which really doesn't make a noticeable difference if you have a 700+ score. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

They EX pulled me when I asked to recon SL on my SWA.

But I got them back by getting a CSP off the same pull as used by SWA.

So, they got their 2 pulls, but one was used for two cards, the other was just for giggles.

Message 18 of 19
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

At the time I didn't have any credit cards, so I'm still rather new to credit. I just got my first cards 3 months ago

I was about to say that it was impossible to say given what was provided in the OP but with this info I wouldn't expect any CLI.  3 months is no time at all in the credit world (though it's really not just about time but one's credit and income versus the creditor's criteria) and you have 3 new cards in that span of time which is a lot for your credit profile.  You can certainly request and find out for certain.  You may have some headroom for a CLI but we can't tell you for certain.

@lg8302ch wrote:

I am asking because I am a bit surprised about the limits they gave you with this kind of income.

Income is just one factor.  3 months is a very short revolving history.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.