Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much CLI should I ask from Chase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How much CLI should I ask from Chase?

I decided to ask Chase for a CLI accross my 3 cards, I sent them a secure message requesting my two other cards to be increased to match my sapphire at 6k.. However, they didn't pull yet so I'm thinking if I should ask for more to get countered.

How much should I request?

Also, would you recommend me asking for the CLI on one card and then reallocating it accross the cards or should I request on all?

Income: 145k/yr

Score: Should be somewhere in low 700s due to recent inquiries.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: How much CLI should I ask from Chase?

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to ask Chase for a CLI accross my 3 cards, I sent them a secure message requesting my two other cards to match my sapphire at 6k.. However, they didn't pull yet so I'm thinking if I should ask for more to get countered.

Also, would you recommend me asking for the CLI on one card and then reallocating it accross the cards or should I request on all?

just ask for as much as you want, but also within reasonable limits.

worst case scenario they'll just counter offer.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 19
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Ask for 14k - 10% of income. Tell them you are trying to consolidate your credit portfolio and Chase has been great to you, etc.
TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to ask Chase for a CLI accross my 3 cards, I sent them a secure message requesting my two other cards to match my sapphire at 6k.. However, they didn't pull yet so I'm thinking if I should ask for more to get countered.

would upping all my cards to 10k be unreasonable? 

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kostyan1992 wrote:
Ask for 14k - 10% of income. Tell them you are trying to consolidate your credit portfolio and Chase has been great to you, etc.

14k per card or total CLI?

Message 5 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@enharu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

would upping all my cards to 10k be unreasonable? 

well, it depends on your credit history, internal score with chase, account history with chase, DTI ratio, etc.

But assuming everything is fine, I certainly don't see how asking for 10k, or even 15k, is unreasonable for someone with 145k income. If the accounts are very new, then I'll just hold off on the request and ask for a big CLI a few months or a year down the road.

Whether they will approve you or not, is another question. I don't know Chase's underwriting criterias nor your details, so I can't comment on that. But always ask for a larger amount and let them counter offer. Just don't ask for a ridiculous limit like 500k and expect them to treat you seriously. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 19
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I decided to ask Chase for a CLI accross my 3 cards, I sent them a secure message requesting my two other cards to be increased to match my sapphire at 6k.. However, they didn't pull yet so I'm thinking if I should ask for more to get countered.

How long have you had your Chase accounts? Did you app for all Chase cards at the same time or within a short period of time ?  I am asking because I am a bit surprised about the limits they gave you with this kind of income. I am only making a fraction and Chase has given me high limits on card 2 and 3 but I spaced out my 3 apps over 18 months. Ask for any amount you need... Chase has given me total CLs on these 3 cards of more than 50% of my income just as a reference Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How long have you had your Chase accounts? Did you app for all Chase cards at the same time or within a short period of time ?  I am asking because I am a bit surprised about the limits they gave you with this kind of income. I am only making a fraction and Chase has given me high limits on card 2 and 3 but I spaced out my 3 apps over 18 months. Ask for any amount you need... Chase has given me total CLs on these 3 cards of more than 50% of my income just as a reference Smiley Happy

At the time I didn't have any credit cards, so I'm still rather new to credit. I just got my first cards 3 months ago lol, I apped the sapphire 2 days ago and they gave me 6k.

Anyway, I'd like to just get these upped now because I'm not planning on doing anymore apps/inqs for 2 years. I don't necessarily need the CLI but I'd like to get them since I already took hits this week. I want to have a clean and strong profile for when I apply for a loan for investment properties 2 years down the line.

Message 8 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

At the time I didn't have any credit cards, so I'm still rather new to credit. I just got my first cards 3 months ago lol, I apped the sapphire 2 days ago and they gave me 6k.

Anyway, I'd like to just get these upped now because I'm not planning on doing anymore apps/inqs for 2 years. I don't necessarily need the CLI but I'd like to get them since I already took hits this week. I want to have a clean and strong profile for when I apply for a loan for investment properties 2 years down the line.

its hard to get any sort of CLI when they just approved you for credit 2 days ago.

Not saying its impossible, but its unlikely.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@enharu wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

its hard to get any sort of CLI when they just approved you for credit 2 days ago.

Not saying its impossible, but its unlikely.

no harm in trying, will let you guys know how it goes when I find out in the morning

heh

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.