cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much CLI to Ask for on Bank of America Cash Rewards Card?

tag
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Re: How much CLI to Ask for on Bank of America Cash Rewards Card?

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

You need more credit cards. If I were you, I would app another BOA card,see how that turns out.

call back a few days later and ask for a cli on ur current card with the same HP.

then I would go app discover and a chase freedom.

This sounds like an excellent plan to me! I would probably wait on the freedom until a better promo comes.  What about  SallieMae?

OP could do new boa app,cli, and discover , then wait til holidays for freedom ... 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I apply for a second credit card, should I just do the online application or is there an advantage doing it at Bank of America, over the phone, etc?

Message 12 of 21
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

Go online and apply.

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that the application asks for liquid assets. How important is this part?

Message 14 of 21
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

I don't know if you have any or not, but I out $0 - $5,000.

Message 15 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

You need more credit cards. If I were you, I would app another BOA card,see how that turns out.

call back a few days later and ask for a cli on ur current card with the same HP.

then I would go app discover and a chase freedom.

This sounds like an excellent plan to me! I would probably wait on the freedom until a better promo comes.  What about  SallieMae?

OP could do new boa app,cli, and discover , then wait til holidays for freedom ... 

Sounds good. OP could also 1) CLI BOA first, 2) Same day app Discover and Chase Freedom

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards card and it said they could not give me an instant decision and that I would receive it by mail. I just checked the status page and it says

Application Date: 7/9/2015

Decision Date: 7/9/2015

But it says they are still reviewing my application even though the decision date is today. Does that mean that they denied me and just won't put it up or that they will decide by the end of the day? It also says its updated daily, so maybe it just needs more time?

Message 17 of 21
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards card and it said they could not give me an instant decision and that I would receive it by mail. I just checked the status page and it says

Application Date: 7/9/2015

Decision Date: 7/9/2015

But it says they are still reviewing my application even though the decision date is today. Does that mean that they denied me and just won't put it up or that they will decide by the end of the day? It also says its updated daily, so maybe it just needs more time?

Wait...you did not request a CLI on the existing account first? No...that does not mean a denial. They more than likely are doing the manual process. You can always call them too.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 18 of 21
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

1-866-811-4108

call now.......please .. Let us know what they say

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just called and they said I was approved with a credit limit of $2,000.

Would I be able to call Bank of America in a few days and ask for a CLI on my first card using the same hard pull that was used for this card?

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.