cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do you pay a year in Annual Fees?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much do you pay a year in Annual Fees?

nada.

Message 31 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

$175 PRG, $195 next year. I get the $100 airfare credit, 3 MRs/$1 on flights, and offers. I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I've been getting decent offers, so I'm in no rush to close it. It would be the first credit card to go, though. Apart from airfare, the rewards are inferior to EDP (or BCP) and the perks are inferior to what I'd get with a Platinum/R-C/Prestige, so I don't have a lot of use for it.

About $110 for AAA Premier. It covers more than I need. I may downgrade to a $50-ish basic membership, but will definitely keep some AAA membership.

$110 Costco Executive. I shop there a lot.

$95 EDP. I buy a lot of traditional groceries. Probably keep. After Costco goes Visa, I could possibly try a double-PC. BCE to BCP and EDP to ED. I'd get good grocery rewards without having to hit 30 transactions.

$95 CSP. A good travel card, and I use Freedom a lot.

$49 IHG. Occasional stays and love the super-flexible free night.

Maybe adding a $75 Hyatt card.

So if I keep everything and add Hyatt, it would be over $700. If I close or downgrade some stuff, it would still be about $450. I do save money and get a lot of travel freebies and statement credits, though...not to mention signup bonuses.

Message 32 of 70
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

$89/yr Arrival+

$95/yr Citi Premier

However, annual fees are waived for the first year on those cards. And I have no intention of paying the annual fee. If the fees are not waived, then the limits will be moved to another card if possible, and the card will be closed just shy of the annual fee needing to be paid.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 33 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Platinum - $450

Citi Prestige - $450

American Express Everyday Preferred - $95

Total (first year)- $995

First year no fee, but second year…

American Express Premier Rewards Gold - $195

Capital One Venture - $59

Total (second year) - $1,249

Message 34 of 70
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

I paid $39 last year for a QS, $19.5 this year for the same cc, they wouldn't wave it but did a 50% off, maybe next year I might get lucky.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 35 of 70
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Currently my AFs add up to $1575, though I don't know how many of these cards I'll be keeping, or downgrading, or whatever. Smiley Tongue

Message 36 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

The funny thing is we still haven't had a Centurion holder walk in and lay down his/her $2.5 annual fee.

Message 37 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

$35.00 for the honor of carrying an Usaa Amex. 

Message 38 of 70
SomeGuyOnTheWeb
Regular Contributor

Zero, because my monthly spend isn't large enough to make the AMF's worth it.

EQ - 727
TU - 752
EX - 774
Message 39 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm!

American Express Mercedes-Benz Platinum $475
American Express Everyday Preferred $95
Citi AAdvantage Executive $450
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select $95
Barclay's Aviator Silver $195

Total $1310/year... BUT I do use the benefits of all of them to their respective extent. I'm also putting a value on the level of service (e.g. AMEX Platinum and Aviator Silver having dedicated US-based teams) compared to the no/lower fee equivalents.

Yikes! Do I win? Lol
Message 40 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.