cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do you pay a year in Annual Fees?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much do you pay a year in Annual Fees?

A fair number of Diners Club cards on the chopping block, apparently. I'm keeping mine until they pry it out of my cold dead hands because it's the only card that asks for the PIN everywhere that takes chip*. I've also gotten a fair bit of use out of the primary CDW and lounge access this year.

Other than that the only other card I pay AFs for is CSP. So far I've been able to refer enough friends (5000 points each referral!) to make up for the AF once and may be about to do so again. My travel habits however make me think I'd be better off going back to cash back so I don't know if I'm going to keep CSP long term.

*There are a couple more options now but they don't have the other benefits.

Message 41 of 70
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

CSP: $95

UA Club: $395

JPM Ritz: $395

Amex Plat: $450

Barclay's AA Aviator Red: $89

Citi Hilton Reserve: $95

Chase IHG: $49

Citi Premier: $95

TOTAL: $1663

Airline Credits: $500

Actual Total: $1163

Not sure if I'm going to keep some of them next year, but I'll decide when the AFs come up

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 42 of 70
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Let see...

• Amex PRG $175
  • Amex Delta SkyMiles $95
  • Citi Platinum Select AAdvantage $95
  • CSP $125

Total $490 and all of them are on the chopping block before the AF hits! Smiley MadSmiley Tongue

Message 43 of 70
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hmm!

American Express Mercedes-Benz Platinum $475
American Express Everyday Preferred $95
Citi AAdvantage Executive $450
Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select $95
Barclay's Aviator Silver $195

Total $1310/year... BUT I do use the benefits of all of them to their respective extent. I'm also putting a value on the level of service (e.g. AMEX Platinum and Aviator Silver having dedicated US-based teams) compared to the no/lower fee equivalents.

Yikes! Do I win? Lol

Nah, I beat you by $265 Smiley Tongue 

Message 44 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better work extra hard on getting my Centurion invite then huh? ;P
Message 45 of 70
Kevin86475391
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

0 interest

0 AF. 

I don't really travel so cash back is king for me and Sallie, Freedom, Discover It, Chase AARP do every bit as good as any card with an annual fee could do for me with my spend levels at this point. 

Yes, this sums up my experience almost exactly (slightly different cashback card lineup), but yeah, $0 annual fee, $0 interest, and I do virtually no traveling so I'm only interested in cashback.

Message 46 of 70
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Hmm...never added them all up before. I just consider them one-by-one to see if the cost is justified by the earnings.

The list:

AmEx Delta Skymiles Platinum: $175

Barclay Arrival+: $89 (waived first year)

AmEx BCP: $75

Chase SP: $95 (waived first year)

Barclay Sallie Mae: $0

Citi DoubleCash: $0

Chase Disney: $0

Total cost: ~$425  (Edited to add: haven't paid interested in years...)

Rewards redeemed this year plus those earned this year but not yet redeemed: ~$2200, which includes about $1000 in sign-up bonuses but does not include the saving from the companion certificate airfare cost (haven't redeemed that yet this membership year).

Message 47 of 70
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The funny thing is we still haven't had a Centurion holder walk in and lay down his/her $2.5 annual fee.

I need about Two Fiddy...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 48 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

My only three cards with annual fees are the Venture ($59), Wyndham ($69), and Marriott ($85). The Venture I am going to merge with my Quicksilver very soon (before my AF hits), and my Wyndham's and Marriott's annual fees are covered by the free annual night.

Message 49 of 70
Open123
Super Contributor

Most of my annual fee cards are paid for by the business, but I do pay personally for the JPM Ritz, SPG and EDP.  I'll likely switch out the PRG for the CSP, which I had app'ed again for the 40K bonus.

Message 50 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.