cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much do you spend on your penfed card?

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

How much do you spend on your penfed card?

Those of you who have the penfed cards how much do you spend on them every month and how do you pay it. I have a card with $5K Cl. I always do PIF. I am wondering how much I should charge on it every month so eventually at some time in future I would get pre approved offers. What is your thoughts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: How much do you spend on your penfed card?

use heavily, continue to PIF.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use it as my business card and charge about $10k per month - it gets PIF every month.
Message 3 of 6
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

I hardly ever use cash. Use it for everything. PIF as I do all my other accounts, except for the 0% promos.

I believe this this one will be my everyday card for a long time to come.

I,m also waiting for those preapprovals to pop up. Maybe a new car in the future.

Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I put between $600 - $800 on it a month. (It's my main card.) I started with a $5K CL, because I was too chicken to ask for more at the time of initial app.Smiley Very Happy

It's going to get a lot less usage in the next three months, though, because Chase Freedom's new 5% categories are grocery stores, department stores, and movies. So the PenFed 2% on grocs can have a rest until the new year.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Thanks. With 5k limit, I should probably put around $1k / month and pay it off in full.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.