Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much should I ask for? Bank of America CLI

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: How much should I ask for? Bank of America CLI

They really seem to give out credit like candy on Halloween once you have an account with them. I don't see any creditor giving a 25,000 limit since that would be more than half of your income, and most won't go over that in my experience. Anyway, good job on the increase.

Message 21 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 22 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congratulations, glad you got a nice increase.

It's too bad more consideration wasn't given based on your average daily account balance *cough, cough, CHASE*  Give it another 6 months and I'm sure BofA will give you another increase.

Message 23 of 30
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats....this is a very nice increase considering the income Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 30
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

They really seem to give out credit like candy on Halloween once you have an account with them. I don't see any creditor giving a 25,000 limit since that would be more than half of your income, and most won't go over that in my experience. Anyway, good job on the increase.

+1. There was no way they'd give you a 25k CL with an income of only 38k, and especially not when your other reporting TLs are nowhere near that.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 25 of 30
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Darn, asked for a CLI yesterday afternoon and got the "decision in 5-7 business days" response.  Guessing at this point it's going to be a denial.

Message 26 of 30
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Brusilov wrote:

Darn, asked for a CLI yesterday afternoon and got the "decision in 5-7 business days" response.  Guessing at this point it's going to be a denial.

Since BofA is always a HP CLI these days, I would always call the backdoor number and be on the phone directly to answer questions as to why you want the increase and should get it... then you don't have this waiting game and guessing game...

Call now!

Message 27 of 30
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah!
Went from $3.5 to $10k w a HP on TU.
Asked for $15k though.
Congrats on the cli!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 28 of 30
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats on the CLI op!
Message 29 of 30
Brusilov
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Brusilov wrote:

Since BofA is always a HP CLI these days, I would always call the backdoor number and be on the phone directly to answer questions as to why you want the increase and should get it... then you don't have this waiting game and guessing game...

Call now!

Called in and spoke with one of the backdoor analysts.  They said they require at least 6 months credit experience before they grand CLIs so had to reject the request.  I guess I shouldn't have trusted the frontline rep that told me otherwise.  Smiley Indifferent

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.