Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to ask lowes for?

tag
awp317
Frequent Contributor

How much to ask lowes for?

I want to get a CLI on my lowes card, since its not an HP i figure why not. But how much should I ask for? 50k? 35k? IDK to be honest. I have maxed it out and paid it off once already. all scores 780 plus high 6 figure income  Thx. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How much to ask lowes for?

if you have $25k, ask for $50k.... I have not seen higher than $35k but they counter.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed.  With your profile ask for whatever you want.  $50k would be fine to ask for.  They will counter you back with at least $35k, that I would bet my life on.  I'm not sure how much they go over that, but a ton of people on this forum with lesser scores and income than you have a $35k CL with Lowe's.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

To go over $35K they will require POI.

Message 4 of 14
creditguy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep and why open that can of worms if you don't need to. 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditguy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep and why open that can of worms if you don't need to. 

Exactly and that's why I accepted $35K. Was at $25K and called for an increase and when the CSR asked for how much I said '$35K' and his response was '$35K more or '$35K total' and then went on to explain the need for income verification for for anything over $35K.

Message 6 of 14
awp317
Frequent Contributor

quite happy to prove income. will call later today and ask for 50k. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think what everyone is referring to is Synchrony's financial review. I would be worried that requiring POI for one product may subject you to the dreaded blue envelope, and reports have been mixed about this process many have said it is unfair and even when income was proven their accounts were still closed. I think the other posters are concerned you may be subjecting your account to unnecessary scrutiny, but as always YMMV. 

Message 8 of 14
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Called and asked. Gave them net income, was put on hold for 6 min, and he came back and said 25k was the maximum I can have on this account and a letter will be sent in 7-10 days explaining why. So whatevs. 

Message 9 of 14
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

AWP - 

If you called the standard CS # that's the response I always got on my Sam's card when trying to get it to budge from $11K to $25K+ until I noticed the overseas #877-379-8173 which worked like a charm.

Also, the POI on a CLI is not the same as POI blue envelope.  They only want a couple of pay stubs to verify instead of the 4506 issue discussed on here at length.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.