Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much to spend

tag
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

How much to spend

See folks getting auto cli all the time.......how much do you need to spend to get auto cli on Discover and Barclays?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How much to spend

I would assume that you would need to spend an amount that is proportionate to your CL that would indicate to your company that you need more room. There is no set answer here -- no magic number.

All companies love heavy usage and pay in full behavior.

With Barclays there is a huge thread that you can read that has a lot of people's experiences. Apparently they like when you BT and carry balances, however the same people who PIFed also got CLIs, as well. Key factor: usage.

Message 2 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Spend doesn't guarantee CLI's.  It's not just a matter of spend.

Message 3 of 6
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

So......tell me more

Message 4 of 6
parkman
Regular Contributor

There are plenty of other threads on this board that address the very thing you're asking. You'd do well to seek out this information on the many existing threads that address it. My advice to you? Lurk moar.

All I have for this forum is bubblegum and anecdotal evidence, and I'm all out of bubblegum.
Message 5 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@KennyS2006 wrote:

I would assume that you would need to spend an amount that is proportionate to your CL that would indicate to your company that you need more room. There is no set answer here -- no magic number.

All companies love heavy usage and pay in full behavior.

With Barclays there is a huge thread that you can read that has a lot of people's experiences. Apparently they like when you BT and carry balances, however the same people who PIFed also got CLIs, as well. Key factor: usage.

+1.

Heavy usage and payments will help increase your chances of CLI.

However, lenders also look at other factors, such as your income, DTI ratio, credit report, scores etc.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.