Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,694
Registered: ‎08-07-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?



Cooneyca wrote:
$1000+ and none on Christmas gifts Smiley Sad
 
will PIF in two weeks Smiley Tongue


Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 04:54 PM

Did you get some good gifts for yourself? A couple of years ago, if the price wasn't bad, I started buying some gifts for myself at Christmas!! LOL!!
 
Reason was- I would buy all these gifts for people and say to myself, "gee- I wish I were getting this"- so I started adding it into my budget!!
 
Another thing I started doing- this is going to sound crazy to some of you- is that I hold onto some of my Christmas gift cards until the Christmas sales start the next year!!! LOL! Not saying I do it w/ all cards- (and w/ some cards if you don't use them within a year they start charging a fee so you have to be careful) but just today I put in my purse a Walmart gift card that I got last year!!
LOL!
Regular Contributor
Posts: 140
Registered: ‎08-10-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?

[ Edited ]
Actually, I had to buy the lighting for my house which is under construction.  The chandelier that I was trying to convince myself to buy at $654 went on sale at a different site for $297!  I wish I had thought about waiting for Black Friday to buy all my lighting.  Unfortunately, I had already purchased more than half of what I needed.  So far I've spent $2900 just in lights and ceiling fans.  Only the living room light to go!
 
Next window treatments
 
Oh yea, I bought an iRobot Roomba for 1/2 price at buy.com too.  A bit frivilous, but I have the bare bones model and love it for keeping things tidy around the litter box.  With the one I just purchased, I'll be able to schedule it to start up while I'm away at work and keep the guest rooms and upstairs hall cleaned Smiley Happy 

netpanther wrote:


Cooneyca wrote:
$1000+ and none on Christmas gifts Smiley Sad
 
will PIF in two weeks Smiley Tongue



Did you get some good gifts for yourself? A couple of years ago, if the price wasn't bad, I started buying some gifts for myself at Christmas!! LOL!!
 
Reason was- I would buy all these gifts for people and say to myself, "gee- I wish I were getting this"- so I started adding it into my budget!!
 
Another thing I started doing- this is going to sound crazy to some of you- is that I hold onto some of my Christmas gift cards until the Christmas sales start the next year!!! LOL! Not saying I do it w/ all cards- (and w/ some cards if you don't use them within a year they start charging a fee so you have to be careful) but just today I put in my purse a Walmart gift card that I got last year!!
LOL!





Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 07:28 PM

Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 07:29 PM
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?


Cooneyca wrote: Oh yea, I bought an iRobot Roomba for 1/2 price at buy.com too. A bit frivilous, but I have the bare bones model and love it for keeping things tidy around the litter box. With the one I just purchased, I'll be able to schedule it to start up while I'm away at work and keep the guest rooms and upstairs hall cleaned Smiley Happy
How does your cat handle this??? I would think that there was some potential for a cat frightened by a Roomba to create a much bigger mess, if you follow me! Smiley Surprised
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Posts: 140
Registered: ‎08-10-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?

[ Edited ]
ah.. yea I think I follow you Smiley Indifferent
 
Actually, although they (three of the darlings) won't get too close, they're mostly entertained.  Once in a while, one will decide to follow it around, but when it turns around and starts heading his way, it's back to the doorway to watch from behind the virtual wall. 
 
It just isn't very threatening - it's definitely not quiet, but sort of just putters along non-menacingly.  Now the upright vacuum, that is what scares them.  They go running when they see me roll it out of the closet!
 

haulingthescoreup wrote:
 
How does your cat handle this??? I would think that there was some potential for a cat frightened by a Roomba to create a much bigger mess, if you follow me! Smiley Surprised




Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 07:55 PM
Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,694
Registered: ‎08-07-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?



Cooneyca wrote:
ah.. yea I think I follow you Smiley Indifferent
 
Actually, although they (three of the darlings) won't get too close, they're mostly entertained.  Once in a while, one will decide to follow it around, but when it turns around and starts heading his way, it's back to the doorway to watch from behind the virtual wall. 
 
It just isn't very threatening - it's definitely not quiet, but sort of just putters along non-menacingly.  Now the upright vacuum, that is what scares them.  They go running when they see me roll it out of the closet!
 

haulingthescoreup wrote:
 
How does your cat handle this??? I would think that there was some potential for a cat frightened by a Roomba to create a much bigger mess, if you follow me! Smiley Surprised




Message Edited by Cooneyca on 11-24-2007 07:55 PM

Hey Cooney- does that Roomba really work? You said you already had one so I am thinking you must like it if you are buying another...
 
does it really vacuum like a real cleaner? I have a dog and two cats and they shed horribly- but if you tell me that they really work this might be something I want to check into...
What about kitchen floors...how does it navigate between the chairs and around an island etc...
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?

We used to have the older model at the office.... I really want one....lol!!!
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,694
Registered: ‎08-07-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?



Brammy wrote:
We used to have the older model at the office.... I really want one....lol!!!


So they do work well?

Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?



netpanther wrote:


Brammy wrote:
We used to have the older model at the office.... I really want one....lol!!!


So they do work well?



 
This one was kinda beat up and a hand me down, but did a good job on the carpet, especially being a dark coloered carpet with all the bits and pieces of printout paper that seemed to be scattered all over the place at th end of the day.  Still had to break out the big boy occasonally but I am sure the newere models work lots better.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,088
Registered: ‎03-18-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?

I have yet to spend any money on gifts--it is a bit shocking to me too. I think it is a good thing too, as one of the other posters mentioned I spend too much on myself also. 
If at first you don't succeed... hang up and try again!!
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 5,436
Registered: ‎03-10-2007
0

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?

Well my kid got me.  I swore I would stay out of the stores since I already have purchased all I planned to purchased.  'Please mom can;t we just go LOOK at BB?'  Okay so I am a sucker and he knows it....lol!!! Never one to pass on a good comp deal.  For Xmas, my kid will have a laptop that is faster than mine!!!  LOL!!  I still have the bigger screen!  But for a dual core AMD 64 with 1.9 MHZ on each processor, I just couldn't pass on it.
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.