cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much was spent on your cc today?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much was spent on your cc today?

Do you mind me asking what modlel and the price? I think Hauling was still looking for one...
Message 31 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

They had a Toshiba with Wi-Fi built in.  Great processor speed and vid graphics.  Only a 15.4 inch screen but still faster than the one I paid almost 1600.00 for.  only 699.00  1024 Ram 200GB harddrive.
Message 32 of 45
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Do you mind me asking what modlel and the price? I think Hauling was still looking for one...

It's Sylviatob--she's looking for one for her grandson. Though Brammy's DS's machine sounds like a winner!

I have to admit, there are two things I miss with my laptop, a numeric keypad and a taller screen. Scroll up, scroll down, scroll up, scroll down, esp on these forums. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-25-2007 10:09 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's Sylviatob--she's looking for one for her grandson. Though Brammy's DS's machine sounds like a winner!

I have to admit, there are two things I miss with my laptop, a numeric keypad and a taller screen. Scroll up, scroll down, scroll up, scroll down, esp on these forums. Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 11-25-2007 10:09 PM

The onyl thing is he needs 1 more gig of memory and then he will be officially faster than me...lol!!!  I think I 'll let him suffer a while.

Message 34 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't talk to me about the super duper good deal, deals on laptops at BB. They are a figment of everyone's imagination, and they don't exist. lol

I'm still looking and down to going to Dell's website and having either a Vostro 1000 or Inspirion custom built for me.

Only problem is, the Vostro is touted as a small business computer, when Inspiron is supposedly for Home/Home Office. And the Vostro is $65.00 less than Inspiron(both tricked out to the same specs...'cept processor).

Comments anyone?

(sorry for being a whinney brat, but I'm really agonizing over this one)
Message 35 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Sylviatob...

When it comes to consumer vs business class in computers (my own experience with Dell, Apple, IBM/Lenovo, HP and Gateway), the differences are more in the quality control than in specifications.

In business class machines, there are tiered levels of components (we're talking chipset here) where down to tier 3, components will only come from particular industrial countries (US, Japan, etc). Consumer machines, only tier 1 or tier 2, after that, the component contract goes to the lowest bidder. Not only that, it could be a different company/country each supply order.

So in a business, where it's important that components be the same all around for IT maintenance and trouble-shooting, component QA is critical. For home consumer use, less so. There are other differences, but this is the biggest item that tends to stick with me.

In my prior position at work, I used to purchase roughly 100 computers a year.
Message 36 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenguinGeek wrote:
Hi Sylviatob...

When it comes to consumer vs business class in computers (my own experience with Dell, Apple, IBM/Lenovo, HP and Gateway), the differences are more in the quality control than in specifications.

In business class machines, there are tiered levels of components (we're talking chipset here) where down to tier 3, components will only come from particular industrial countries (US, Japan, etc). Consumer machines, only tier 1 or tier 2, after that, the component contract goes to the lowest bidder. Not only that, it could be a different company/country each supply order.

So in a business, where it's important that components be the same all around for IT maintenance and trouble-shooting, component QA is critical. For home consumer use, less so. There are other differences, but this is the biggest item that tends to stick with me.

In my prior position at work, I used to purchase roughly 100 computers a year.

I beg to differ now iwill agree with the Gateway take but HP is one comp I would not own for my biz.  For  portable processing and durability you can;t beat Toshiba. As an oncall programmer and now owner of my own biz I have dropped more computers ad got kinda loyal to Toshiba after dropping it down a flight of cement stairs and it kept functioning.

Now keep in mind that I am talking about tier 1 laptops...can't stand junk and wont buy it.  But at the same time won;'t spend 2k on a kids comp but will buy a purchase protection plan with accident protection.  this comp would actually be a lot more expensive with the specs.

Message 37 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Although I mentioned Apple, Dell, HP, IBM/Lenovo, Gateway...I never clarified really.

I only wound up purchasing Dell, Apple and IBM/Lenovo.

The categories I looked into were:
Laptop: power user and developer class
Desktop: power user, developer class and graphics

When I looked at HP, I think was their Integraph line and Wildcat graphics cards.

Never considered Toshiba mostly because I don't think they responded to our RFP.
Message 38 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely ZIP,  ZERO, NADA!

Except for may 3 small gifts (under $25) - all done.  Now that doesn't say what I did in September and October - way too much!
Message 39 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenguinGeek & Brammy......thank you all so much for your input. I sincerely appreciate the info you 2 have presented.

And that reminds me of a little joke my DH told at a cocktail party a bazillion years ago. It goes like this:

During WWII, an RAF pilot was shot down over England, and landed in a farmer's field. The farmer ran up to the pilot and the pilot asked the farmer where he was.

The farmer replied: "you are standing in the middle of a recently plowed field, 400 yards from a tree line, with a stream running behind it, on a clear day, and mild temperatures."

The pilot responded: "Thank you. You must be an accountant."
The farmer said: "Why yes I am. Why do you ask?"
The pilot responded: "You just gave me some very detailed, accurate, well explained....useless information". Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Please do not take offense to the joke. I am just computer challenged, and only somewhat understand what was said. And thanks once again. Smiley Happy
Message 40 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.